What crossbow to buy?

Hey guys im looking at buy a crossbow. Dont know all that much about them. Had shoulder surgery last year and while i can still shoot my reg bow it bothers me sometimes. Im not worried about the bow having a built in cocking system. I know alot of guys will say tenpoint is the way to go but they are kinda pricey. Wanna try and keep the bow and scope under $1100.

2. Member
    Ten Point is a good brand. Try looking for a previous year model or a used one. The prices on these drop quickly once it is used, just like everything else. As for as the cocking system, some of these bows have a pretty hefty draw weight. I would try to get that, if possible. Pulling back a string on a 200lb crossbow isn't for wimps and old guys like me.

3. Member
    Stryker!
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115

4. Member
    Excalibur micro suppressor. You will thank me later trust me.
    2015 189 trx

5. Member
    The Strykers are hard to beat for price, trigger, speed!
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115

6. Member
    Several folks in the family have ten points and they have been happy with them. One of them had some problems but they took care of it under warranty. If I were buying one it would be the brand that sells the recurves but the draw weight is really high. Hopefully I will not need to buy one for a long time and will be sticking with a compound bow as long as I can.

Check out the Tenpoint with the very narrow limbs. Won’t be so awkward walking in the woods.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

8. Member
    I've got a Parker Hurricane and a Excalibur micro 355, both are fine crossbows but if I could only keep one it would be the Excalibur. Very accurate, alot quieter than the older Excalibur bows, and very compact. The only negative about it would be the difference in cocking it verses a compound crossbow. Also, they have a lifetime warranty.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Only Excalibur! NOTHING else. Its indestructible, works, is safe, accurate, Can easily be fixed n field, can be dry fired, de-cocked... Been Bowhunting since 1980 and have had 3 arm-shoulder surgeries and will buy NOTHING but an Excalibur. I to have the Micro 355 now and its my 3rd. If you are older I would recommend a crank.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

10. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    I haven't looked at pricing lately but I bought my wife one of the Horton reverse limb crossbows. She could not cock it so luckily sold for what I gave for it. Then I bought her a Stryker strikezone 350 perfect for her 350fps 135lb pull.
    After cutting my arm along with 3 tendons and surgery to repair 2 weeks before bow season, I used her xbow one weekend. I have to say if I was in the market I would definitely look at another Stryker.

11. Member
    Thanks guys im gonna go look at them this weekend. The new ravine 10 or 20 has peeked my interest. Also the ten point stealth nxt.

12. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Team do work View Post
    Thanks guys im gonna go look at them this weekend. The new ravine 10 or 20 has peeked my interest. Also the ten point stealth nxt.
    Both are nice if the price tags doesn't scare you. I dont think you will get one under $1100, more like $1600 - $2600

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    Both are nice if the price tags doesn't scare you. I dont think you will get one under $1100, more like $1600 - $2600
    Yea i saw where there are alot more but i really want one i think lol

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team do work View Post
    Want to talk about a sweet set up, if I had the money I would buy a ravine. But, sadly when that type of funds aren’t available, my dad bought a barnet before they went to crap.

15. Member
    STRYKER!
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115

16. Member
    I've had a Kodabow for a few years now. Not as small or fast as the new breed of xbows, but deadly nonetheless. It will shoot the same hole consistently all day long.

17. Member
    parker bow any questions call and they are very helpful plus life time warranty

18. Member
    Excalibur, simple, accurate, and even the cheapest model is great