Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael49 View Post
    I assume for a Ranger Z518, Z519, Z520, Z521 that one one require the 20" Shaft Length ?
    Digital controls to run SmartCraft ?

As you indicated, Jacos Marine has online pricing..... I hesitate to post their website lnk as I do not know if they are a BBC sponsor.
    Most all bass boats take the 20".
    I opted to keep my existing mechanical controls and purchased the engine with conventional mid section (CMS). The controls still operate the DTS.

That's exactly why I didn't do anything but note that Jaco's had pricing up.

2. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    white mercs not out yet??
    You can have any color you want in the Pro XS as long as it's black. No color options for those models.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    You can have any color you want in the Pro XS as long as it's black. No color options for those models.

website shows 3 colors of white v8 mercs???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. mikesxpress
    Not in the Pro XS models.
    Black.

5. Member
    What colors do they come in?

6. mikesxpress
    Propping update:
    25P is way to much for this engine on a 20'+ Ranger. (my Z21 Intracoastal) The V8 runs up to 6200 rpms. My target is 6150 and I'm getting close to completing the 10 hours of break in. The 24 3 blade Fury runs 5950 at 71 mph. The 23 3 blade Fury on now I'm still playing with. All PVS holes open give an adequate hole shot (without the use of my trim tabs) and it's hitting 6000 at 70 mph but I do need more time at WOT and seat time as my jackplate and trim settings are totally different from the previous Opti 250. I'll get that after break-in. Not to mention the operational characteristics of the Fury vs my Tempest+ 25P props I was running before are also much different as is the lower unit design. This is NOT a plug and play repower guys!!! It's going to take some time to tweek everything all over again. The folks that get these V8's on a new rig are not going to have an established operating format so it will be much easier on them.

Throw in a spare drive belt, set of plugs, couple fuel filters as spares and your ready.
    Drive belt?

8. mikesxpress
    The belt used to drive the alternator.

The belt used to drive the alternator.
    Ahh...Ok. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12