Thread: KLX 110

KLX 110

Do any of you own or have kids that own a KLX110? If so, have you modified the suspension by replacing the rear shock or front forks? My son weighs 75lbs and when he rides the suspension has zero travel.
    I was wandering if any of have changed the rear shock and if so, what brand did you use to soften the ride.

2. Banned
    Everyone around here uses a kx 65 swing arm and shock to improve travel. Doesn't soften it. But gives it more travel in an mx style valving. I believe they do the forks also but not 100% sure on that.

3. Member
    You may be able to reduce the pre-load on the front forks by reducing the size of the spacer on the top if it has them.
    If they are air forks reduce the pressure.

The rear shock may have an adjustment on the pre-load as well. The colar will turn giving you a few positions to chose from, try the lowest first.
    Mike

In Memory of Michael
    Fantastic Father and Loving Son
    A true man at 23 years old

"What was once a great country has been mortgaged and bankrupted by the egos and ethics of career politicians."

Are you saying when he sits on it the suspension bottoms out or that it doesn’t move at all. If it bottomed out, yeah you can modify it but it will be cheaper, easier and quicker to sell the 110 and buy a bike that fits home better.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    As Sigma said above, you should be able to reduce the preload at both ends (consult your manual) to soften it up.

Tons of info/videos available on modifying the KLX/DRZ 110s; mild to wild and everything between... It's a great little platform.

Here are a few, for starters, on the 'Tube...

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...X+110+pit+bike

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ion+on+KLX+110

KLX was my son's first bike, 12 years ago, at age 10...

...rockin' the 'Christopher Titus' shirt.
    Last edited by hatcreek; 07-31-2018 at 02:44 PM.
    Who controls John Gill?