Thread: Talon Paint

Talon Paint

I bought a 10ft talon in May of 2015. In September 2015 I had a paint peeling issue and minn Kota replaced the talon. I now have a new paint peeling issue on the replacement. I called minn Kota and they referred me to a local ASC. I contacted them and they told me to bring it in for them to look at and see what minn Kota may warranty or not. Anybody know what I can expect as far as warranty goes?

Thanks!
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS

2. Member
    Bump

I've had mine done twice, first in 2014 with MK sending me replacement Talons and again in 2017. The ASC will replace the outter housing under warranty.

4. Member
    Thanks. I went to the asc today. Gave him pictures of the problem and my original receipt. He is getting with Minn Kota and then will get back to me.

5. Member
    In researching whether or not a Talon could be powder-coated/hydro-dipped, I came across this post. Both of my Talons have paint coming off the bottom. If for some reason, Minn-Kota won't help me out, has anyone ever done either to their Talon's?

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Hydrodipped Power Poles with no issues .. Talons wouldnt be any different have yet to have the opportunity to do any of them Just need a customer that wants them done.

Kevin, Any idea what it would cost to get them coated?
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    Kevin, Any idea what it would cost to get them coated?
    I dont off hand as I have never had a set come in and im not a talon guy persay.. not sure what they look like when apart. Shipping is usually the deal braker with power pole rails.