Brisket question

I want to smoke a brisket, but I will never eat the whole thing. Can it be frozen and used later? What's the best way to warm it up after freezing? if I microwave it, will it get dry and tough?

2. Member
    We freeze stuff off the smoker all the time. If it dries out heating it up, just add a little beef broth

I never warm it in the microwave. Usually what is left that I know I will eat that week, I will slice it and wrap it with Press & Seal or Cling Free. The rest that I freeze is left unsliced, vacuum packed and frozen. If I'm warming just enough for myself, a pan on the stove with a lid and a little water works. If I'm warming a large amount the oven, keeping it covered with some type of moisture

4. Member
    I will portion out individual servings and vacuum seal them then freeze. When ready to eat I leave in fridge overnight and microwave the next day. If there is still some fat on the meat it will keep it moist.

I did a whole packer brisket earlier this year. Froze several Ziploc bags full for later. Thawed in refrigerator, reheated in covered microwave-safe bowl, did not complain one bit.

6. Member
    Sous vide

7. Member
    Vacuum package the leftovers and freeze. Thaw then warm covered in the oven with a little broth.

8. Member
    I was watching a vid by that bbq guy Myron Mixon way back. Someone asked him the best way to rewarm brisket and he said to vac seal and rewarm in water while still vac sealed. Basically a sous vide type deal.

9. Banned
    I do brisket and after my hour rest... slice and vac seal. Re warm in pot of water. Do not open the bag till feast. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Clif Kincaid View Post
    I do brisket and after my hour rest... slice and vac seal. Re warm in pot of water. Do not open the bag till feast. Perfect.
    This.

Same with brisket
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

12. Member
    Checked a local sale paper today. Brisket is on sale for $2.99 a pound. Guess I'm going pick up a couple of briskets tomorrow.

Check to see if its choice or prime
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Check to see if its choice or prime
    The ad doesn't specify. A different store has it on sale for $3.99 a pound and says it is choice.

15. Member
    Also may want to check Costco (if you have one locally). I always buy my briskets there, full packer prime for $3.49 a pound. Occasionally, they will go down to $2.99 a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I was watching a vid by that bbq guy Myron Mixon way back. Someone asked him the best way to rewarm brisket and he said to vac seal and rewarm in water while still vac sealed. Basically a sous vide type deal.
    This. Do it every cook. Especially great with turkey. If I ever have any leftover brisket, IF, I put in a pot of vegetable soup. Oh my goodness
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended