Thread: Night time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Night time

Went out tonight with Andy. He stomped a mud hole in me and walked it dry. I need to pick my fishing padnahs more carefully.

2. Banned
    He can't help it that you suck!

Maybe you need to give up on fishing and pool, maybe take up gardening and knitting or something.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Maybe you need to give up on fishing and pool, maybe take up gardening and knitting or something.
    +1

5. Member
    Charlie was just having "One of those nights". Been there and have the shirt.
    He can brag on his guiding capabilities. Was a blast, plus anytime you get to fish out of a Aircraft Carrier what can you say.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Don’t you have some snakes to catch or something else to do, turd.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Nice one, Andy!!

NICE fish!

The lake has been a DEAD SEA for me the last 2 weeks.
    Catch maybe 4-6 fish and some days , like today, I had 1 f'n fish.

I finally gave up on the mornings and went out at night last friday.
    Had two over 6lbs and a 4. Lost a biggun at the boat and had another good fish break me off in a tree
    Went back out 2 nights ago, same spot, not one bite in 3 hrs.

Two days ago caught a 6.8 on crankbait in 29 foot. Not another bite.

Overall though, the fishing here has really gone to crap, not only for me, but all the guys I know around here. And some of those are pretty good fishermen.
    I don't know what has happened. Yes, we all know the grass is gone, but something else has got this pond out of whack.

I been fishing this pond for almost 20 yrs.
    Never ever was the lake at full pool for most of those years. Lake stayed below 168 - 169 for most of the year.
    Only the last I don't know, maybe 3-5 yrs has the lake stayed close to or at full pool.

I wished they pull the plug on SOB.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Nice one, Andy!!
    It's two different fish. One was 7lb-6oz, the other was 7lb-8oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    NICE fish!

The lake has been a DEAD SEA for me the last 2 weeks.
    Catch maybe 4-6 fish and some days , like today, I had 1 f'n fish.

I finally gave up on the mornings and went out at night last friday.
    Had two over 6lbs and a 4. Lost a biggun at the boat and had another good fish break me off in a tree
    Went back out 2 nights ago, same spot, not one bite in 3 hrs.

Two days ago caught a 6.8 on crankbait in 29 foot. Not another bite.

Overall though, the fishing here has really gone to crap, not only for me, but all the guys I know around here. And some of those are pretty good fishermen.
    I don't know what has happened. Yes, we all know the grass is gone, but something else has got this pond out of whack.

I been fishing this pond for almost 20 yrs.
    Never ever was the lake at full pool for most of those years. Lake stayed below 168 - 169 for most of the year.
    Only the last I don't know, maybe 3-5 yrs has the lake stayed close to or at full pool.

I wished they pull the plug on SOB.
    It's been the same for me since it lost the good Hydrilla about three years ago. I can't get on a consistent pattern to save my life. Here today, gone tomorrow.
    My theory is two fold, and it's only my opinion.
    One, you can't fillet 2/3rds the bass in the lake and expect it to maintain a decent population. Since it was ranked "#1", the lake has been raped like a teenage girl in Afganistan.
    Two, with no grass, there's no place for them to hide, especially during the spawn, when the meat hunters and team zip locks are out in full force.
    The last few years, it's been sickening to see the amount of carcasses piled up in the water beside Fin and Feathers cleaning station. Hundreds of nice limit sized bass, with many of them being 5-7 lbers, with the sides knocked off of em. And this was on week days. Weekends were worse. And that's just ONE marina.
    Rayburn's days are numbered with it being ranked #1. It's already happening there.

I suppose the fillet knife could be part of it, but it's hard to believe a 185,000 acre lake could be wiped out by people keeping fish. I don't see but one fish cleaning house here at Lowes but I don't live here and ain't here the majority of the time either.

So who the hell keeps up with Lake Management? I know LA is way more active than TP&W when it comes to involvement of any sort of lake activity. Reckon TP&W would have quite a challenge trying to change the mindset of the "others".

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Nice ones, Andy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutoy View Post
    It's two different fish. One was 7lb-6oz, the other was 7lb-8oz.
    Fixed it!

12. Member
    Some nice fish there Charlie, what were the numbers for the night?

13. Member
    Nice fish, Andy! Charlie likes to see his guests catch fish and have a good time. Looks like a successful night to me.

Some nice fish!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    Some nice fish there Charlie, what were the numbers for the night?
    We had 23 1/2 lbs and shoulda had 30 easy, got the bites but didn’t execute and put em in the boat. It was one of those nights where things just didn’t go well for me. The beer was cold though and the company was great so it all worked out, very fun night.

16. Member

17. Member
    We had a club night tourney this weekend. That lake kicks our butts every time just about. Just cant seem to ever find anything off the bank.

18. Member
    The DEAD SEA finally caught up with me. Went out tonight and had one bite from dark to midnight. Worst night I’ve had in a long time. Andy, I need help!!!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    The DEAD SEA finally caught up with me. Went out tonight and had one bite from dark to midnight. Worst night I’ve had in a long time. Andy, I need help!!!!
    I've made a few night runs since we went and only managed to catch a few dinks. One night I didn't get a bite.
    I did have a decent day on Tuesday. Caught a couple 4 1/2 and a 6. Best bite was in the middle of the day.
    204 ChampioN 250 Yamaha *Get In-Sit Down-Shut Up-Hang On*

20. Member
    I've night fished only about 4 times this summer and the bite was bad each time. Unusual for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast