Front Deck Center Storage

I picked up my new 205 this week, and it’s a beautiful boat! For those with a 205, how are you organizing your tackle? Specifically your soft plastics. I’d like to keep most of it in the center box, and it looks like there is decent area to store them between the 3700 rack and walls of the rod lockers. This space is only 6” wide and I want to keep the bags in some sort of storage containers, so I don’t have loose bags flying around. But I’m having trouble finding a latching container that is narrow enough for this space. I suppose I could always take a container and tilt it on its side to make it work, but just curious if someone else has found anything better? Thanks in advance!

2. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I use ziplock freezer bags. Works good as long as you don't over stuff them.
    Last edited by MichPhoenix77; 07-27-2018 at 10:27 PM.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

3. Member
    I use plastic Folgers coffee cans and place on the sides to hold plastics. Also I use those new bass mafia coffins for jerkbaits and top waters and put them on those sides. Works perfectly!
    Last edited by 1rudebee; 07-28-2018 at 08:35 AM.

4. Member
    I use zipping book bags and seperate my plastics by style and usage. So a bag for worms, one for craws and jig trailers, one for senkos and Ikas, one for critter baits and one for Ned rig stuff.

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I'm not in a Falcon yet, but I keep my plastics in those Soft Cloth 6 Pack Coolers. They open/close with a zipper.
    They look good and I write on them with a sharpie what's in them.

6. Banned
    I use zip lock bags and store those in a NRA range bag that came free with membership. I don't keep too many different soft plastics in my boat, though. Everything is on peg board and I'll load the range bag with what I'll be using before each trip.

7. Member
    Some pics of mine. Zip locks, coffin boxes, and Folgers cans. I could easily fit more.......but it would be stupid to carry as much tackle as this thing could hold!

Don’t forget the throw cushions, plano’s, paddle, net, lure retriever, and paper bag of crap...................and still plenty of room to spare! I’m 6’5’’ and 240lbs. If the tackle divider was out of there, I could fit in it easily!

8. Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys! The wife actually found some small plastic containers with latching covers at Target that fit perfectly along the sides of the 3700 storage. I can stack them two high and can fit 14 total if need be. Works pretty slick. If anyone else is curious, I can post a few pics.

Quote Originally Posted by lwarner View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys! The wife actually found some small plastic containers with latching covers at Target that fit perfectly along the sides of the 3700 storage. I can stack them two high and can fit 14 total if need be. Works pretty slick. If anyone else is curious, I can post a few pics.

Plse post pics, I am interested as I may be purchasing them as well. Thks

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

10. Member
    Here are a few pics. Let me know if they don't show up large enough or clear enough. I've never uploaded anything to a site where I had to resize them first. So this is a new one to me!

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the pics fellas, I cannot wait until mine is ready to pick up Good idea on containers on side for plastics

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

12. Member
    I use a larger tube too put my plastic in..

Attached Images Attached Images

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360