CV51@260 in shallow water

just a shot showing the superior long distance scanning of the CV51 set on 260khz. Zooming in doesnt show detail, but I was able to scan the entire river channel from shore to shore. This would work for structure hunting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    i had some shots of my gt51 stretched out to 400 feet a side. can't find them now. that transducer has tremendous range

3. Member
    It does.

You figure, in my shot, that’s almost 3 acres covered in a couple minutes.

Very handy for getting a rough idea. Then go to an interesting-looking area and sweep it with Panoptix

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    That's a pretty good pic....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Notice the bright round object in the bottom right. Thats a pretty big barge tie-off. It just looks tiny due to the range.

Something else interesting.....its been mentioned that when it comes to screen resolution, theres a range from your eyes that all screens look hi definition, or a Apple says: Retina. This pic on my 7SV at about 3ft away looks great. But look closer and there is very little detail.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Something else interesting.....its been mentioned that when it comes to screen resolution, theres a range from your eyes that all screens look hi definition, or a Apple says: Retina. This pic on my 7SV at about 3ft away looks great. But look closer and there is very little detail.
    I know what you're saying....I made some adjustments on mine and found a tree in the water, took screen shot as it looked good at the time and when I got home and viewed it, it looked like chit....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    I was out messing around today with the CV51. A similar shot was taken with an Element last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chief Brody; 07-25-2020 at 07:43 PM.