How do your xb's sit in the water?

If I put water in the livewell with me and a buddy the water is up over the rub rail in the back of the boat(with no water in the bilge). Is this normal? I know it's kinda hard to get used to.

2. Member
    20 or 21fters? With 2.5 or 3.0L on the back?
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

3. Member
    Xb 2003 with a 2.5 promax.

4. Member
    I have heard on here about people putting soccer balls or basketballs or something like that in the jackplate to help buoyancy.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

5. BBC SPONSOR
    ^^^ This, add some floatation to your jackplate.

The XB21's sit flat and are a long ways from the water...even with full fuel and livewells.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    If I put water in the livewell with me and a buddy the water is up over the rub rail in the back of the boat(with no water in the bilge). Is this normal? I know it's kinda hard to get used to.
    That is normal on the 2003's even with the 2.5L engines.
    The hull and deck are epoxied together, no problem with leaks at the rub rail like most others.

7. Member
    No problem with leaks....except for the factory steering cable holes and the "custom" holes the p.o. put in for the replacement steering cables. I was putting the running light into the base Sunday evening when I noticed the water up over the rub rail, tends to make me feel like the boat is sinking. I guess it's just something else to get used to.

Another reason that (back in the day) Darris was so adamant about engine weight.
    Had a buddy who bought a 2003 with a 3 ltr from an un-named dealer . First time both guys were on the same side of the back deck to net a fish in a tournament---- the carpet got wet..

=Tim Powell;9536547]^^^ This, add some floatation to your jackplate.

The XB21's sit flat and are a long ways from the water...even with full fuel and livewells.
    That depends on how much tournament fertilizer is carried.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have no issues with my 97 2003 it sits up well with 300 promax and old factory steering holes plugged, my rigging tubes are in stock place and hyd steer cables come out just below them. 12" bobs hyd. J/plate. After 10 hours on water, i pull plug,not 1 drop of water comes out.it sits no lower than my 2.5 did, and i didnt even have to adjust my jack plate mounted HB mega transducer

11. Member
    I checked mine yesterday, no load, full tank of gas and just me in the boat the rub rail sits about 2" above the water with me (200 lbs)in the boat. I don't mind it at all like that but when it has a load the rub tail is about an inch below.

small livewell plugs fit those holes,til you find a permanant solution,thats what I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    No problem with leaks....except for the factory steering cable holes and the "custom" holes the p.o. put in for the replacement steering cables. I was putting the running light into the base Sunday evening when I noticed the water up over the rub rail, tends to make me feel like the boat is sinking. I guess it's just something else to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    That is normal on the 2003's even with the 2.5L engines.
    The hull and deck are epoxied together, no problem with leaks at the rub rail like most others.
    Wish i could post a pic here,says it is too big i have at least 3" below rubrail on my xb03 with 300pm.at rest in water and not bow high

Since moving to the new windows platform I do not know how to post pictures. But, My 2003 sits much lower in the back end with the Pro XS than it did with a 2.5 liter. I am guessing but, its around 3-4 inches. I have seen pictures of others whos did not sit much lower but, mine does. I also have power poles and 31 series batteries and that may contribute. Adding the power poles made no noticeable difference. I did have to add a 2 gallon oil container to the rear compartment for the Pro XS. Once the livewell is full she is one serious fat bottom Girl!!! What I really need is a XB-21. Is there anyone other there willing to trade straight up...........

Ya 300pm i have the 3gal. Oil bottle vut had it also with 225x, the 300pm,with alien cowling is a ton lighter than a pro xs,445lbs on the bracket sticker20180805_055744_50.jpg
    Last edited by cajunrgfm; 09-10-2018 at 08:29 AM.