Thread: chic lake

chic lake

I'm new to the area and was going to make the run from the route 5 bridge this up coming weekend up to chic lake trying to figure out if its worth the run and how is the lock since I am running a 21 triton and never been in a manual lock before any and all help would be highly appreciated

2. Member
    The last I knew the lock was not functioning. If this has changed let me know. The run is not far at all. I am guessing 15-20 minutes at 60-65mph
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    I met someone recently that fishes the river quite often and he said the lock has been open for a year or two now but im not sure I haven't made the run up there yet... if I did make the run and the lock is down is the area around the lock good to fish?

4. Member
    The area up by the dam is descent to fish, especially along the pad lines. Just a head's up, there's a Hooker's Bait and Tackle tournament out of Rt. 5 on Saturday.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

5. Member
    seems like there are always tournaments on the chic and thanks for the heads up ill have to check it out this weekend since its my last weekend to fish for the year

6. Member
    Yes the loc works great. You can figure it out easily. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to it than to do it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 44k1500fom View Post
    Yes the loc works great. You can figure it out easily. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to it than to do it.
    Thanks... I think I will try it Sunday. I am putting in at Colonial harbor.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

8. team stratos
    we fished up there earlier this year and it was not working,when did they get it fixed?

9. Member
    made the run to the lock this Saturday and decided not to lock out of the river cause someone said it was a pain to do so but now regret it because the river fished pretty rough this weekend with tides, weather and moon all working against me and if i locked out atleast i would get rid of one of those factors lol

Not sure who you spoke too but the lock is not trouble at all been through a few times since march and many people lock through weekly
    Basscat Puma 225 Pro XS

11. Member
    honestly the guys that told me probably just didn't want me locking through cause they were fishing the lock and didn't want me coming through there spot but at least I know for next time cause ill defiantly be doing so when I'm out again also how is the fishing in the lake looks good and don't have to worry about the tides from what I can tell

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass_kid View Post
    honestly the guys that told me probably just didn't want me locking through cause they were fishing the lock and didn't want me coming through there spot but at least I know for next time cause ill defiantly be doing so when I'm out again also how is the fishing in the lake looks good and don't have to worry about the tides from what I can tell
    Just curious. Why not just put in on the lake if you're goal is to fish it?