Carpet Glue for aluminum boat

Read up on quite a few carpet / glue threads. I have a 20' Crestliner - never had carpet. Picked up leftover carpet and foam pad for free from a BBC member. I believe he indicated it was from Basscat when he redid his boat. Foam is smooth on one side, furry on other. Most posts recommended the contact cement. I went to HD and they had it but on the label it indicated not for foam. Any installers have a recommendation for gluing the foam to the aluminum deck and. Arpet to the foam? No lids need to be done, pretty straight forward but can't mess up the glue.
    thanks all.

2. Member
    I just use Indoor/Outdoor Roberts 6700 Carpet Glue from Home Depot. Works great.
    - Rods & Reels are like women. The more expensive they are the lighter they are ... the cheaper they are the heavier they are. -

3. Member
    It may look like foam but is it really foam ? Weldwood Contact Cement should be fine, I just redid my carpet in my aluminum boat with a rubber product with a foam looking pad/backing and it stuck fine.

4. Member
    If you do not want to use the contact cement, try the gray carpet glue at Cabela's website, that's what I used on the carpet I just pulled off.

5. Banned
    I used White lightning Multi purpose carpet &floor adhesive from Cabelas. It's a trowel down adhesive, water cleanup for about 30 minutes. Works great.

6. Member
    HD will have a glue that you can use under foam, and it's from Weldwood. It comes out like a spider web, good shiat, works in a pinch when your'e waiting on birdsong. Oh, you spray it on, but I'm sure a nasty brush will work as well.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR