Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    One thing to remember is that the 2 stroke proxs was the strongest running 250 so in reality if it just matches it in performance and is more reliable it will be a big hit.

2. Member
    Very interested in seeing the upcoming data .... I plan to order one soon! Thanks so much for providing.

3. mikesxpress

4. Member
    Beautiful!!!
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Mike, your not broken down in the middle of the lake are you? Anxiously waiting for your feedback
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. mikesxpress
    Thanks guys.
    Only thru 3.9 hours of break in so it's not ready for a comparison yet. The 1st 2 hours are the critical ones run at varied throttle up to 4500 rpms. Glad that's over. So far I'm impressed with the midrange acceleration and the engine is very quite when underway. Startup is much louder than the Opti. Chevy 396 with glass packs sound.
    I am having to re-learn everything from jackplate position to start and running along with trim position (movement is slower than the opti). The DTS shifting is going to take some getting used too as you hear nothing when it goes in gear.
    Not sure what it's doing inside but when I hook it up to flush it a high pitch growl starts up and continues till I'm done??? I do like the fact it generates 14.3 volts at idle.
    Current eval:
    New 24P 3 blade Fury (23 will be here Fri)
    84 degrees 87% humidity
    4" chop
    Sea level brackish water
    WOT 5950 rpms 71.7 mph
    Water pressure 30.3 psi
    The 23P should get the rpms up closer to the 6200 rpm mark. More seat time required.
    I did have to stop and catch a few for dinner

7. Member
    What did you end up using for motor support when trailering.

8. mikesxpress
    Partial mod on my existing Motormate and steering clips.

9. Member
    So how does the holeshot and top end compare so far.

10. Member
    I'm really surprised that you are only getting 71 on this rig and I'll bet that boat will pick up speed the further along in the break in process that you get. Great looking boat man.

11. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmn520 View Post
    So how does the holeshot and top end compare so far.
    It appears better but until I get it thru break in and time it that is all speculation.

12. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by CBuckBassin View Post
    I'm really surprised that you are only getting 71 on this rig and I'll bet that boat will pick up speed the further along in the break in process that you get. Great looking boat man.
    Why are you surprised? You have one setup like this that runs better than 71?

What did your 2 stroke run on top prior to the switch?

14. mikesxpress
    2 stroke was 70-71 with a tail wind and going with the tide.
    This is a Ranger barge not remotely associated with high speeds. New V8 pushes it just as fast so I'm good with that. I'll run the 23P next week and speed may creep up a bit more???

Let's get an update soon please...I would like to hear more of your thoughts on the repower!

16. mikesxpress
    23P Fury 3 blade is on. I'll going to try to get a day or two on it this week between off-shore trips.

17. mikesxpress
    Ran the Fury 23P 3 blade yesterday. 2 large plugs in 1 hole open. Not as impressed with it as the 24P with the same plug configuration but the boat loading was also different.
    From this point on I'll have two full fuel tanks, 2nd person & gear, full livewell so I have the same baseline as I recorded off the previous 2 stroke.

Thanks for the update

Was your hole shot better ? I plugged all my holes seems to lift better

20. Member
    Mike, I see in your photo the back of your Mercury has a V8 emblem on it. I haven't seen it on the other V8s. Is their a reason it's on your motor?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast