Grand Lake Reports

Heading up to Grand Lake next week, and wondering if there have been any recent reports. I know the water had been down, just trying to figure out what to bring up from NC

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Was there last weekend. No one did well on Grand...terrible in fact. Long and Hubbard were good. Not sure if it was just that weekend but heard Grand has been tough lately.

3. Member
    We stayed on grand 2 weeks ago. I fished approx 4hrs till late morning and never caught one. i ran around looking that eve and graphed. I was talking to resort owner after breakfast and he said they had a very large bass kill last yr. He has only heard of a few being caught... The rest of the fish were ok he said. I Caught some rock bass and that was it. We are staying there again in 2wks and i will prob go elsewhere to fish.

That Lake always sucks during the summer. Even the Alpena bass club struggle during these times.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    I'm heading to Grand next Saturday but it looks like I'll have to trailer the boat to Long if I want to catch any smallies.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info, going up for the week and staying on the lake with the in-laws who have a place up there. Guess if it sucks it will just mean more time to drink. I don't have the ability to use another lake as the boat stays on Grand. Thanks for the info so far

You might find them. I spent a week there and never found them. I caught some, not many or any over 4lbs.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member
    I heard Grand had a big fish kill a couple years back. Long, Hubbard, or even the bay are better choices. Long has numbers but lacks size, Hubbard and the bay have size, but lack numbers.

Hope you get into them.

9. Member
    Thanks for the reports, heading up Saturday so ill give it a go

10. Member
    My In laws live on Long and haven't heard anything about a fish kill on Grand...Not saying there wasn't one but it is news to us...I was over there in the spring 2 years ago and caught quite a few over 4lbs..
    Perch fishing is good on Grand year around and there are a few walleyes... If the fish aren't biting you can head over to the Hideaway bar for a couple of coldies and a burger..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn