Alabama Bass Club Moderator

Thumbs Up Sign up to fish the August NoAl tournament on Little Bear Creek Reservoir

We’re going to really mix it up and fish the August NoAl tournament on the 18th of August at Little Bear Creek Reservoir out of the ramp at Elliott Branch Road by the dam. We haven’t fished there in a number of years and some of us are looking forward to fishing “new” water instead of the typical Tennessee River lakes. Registration will begin at 4:30 with “ease off” at first light which should be right at 5:45. Weigh in will be at 3:00, weather permitting, unless decided otherwise at registration.

Confirmed Participants

Avery Faile & David Scogin
    Matt Lawler
    Harry Speegle
    Andrew Inmon & Tyler Dobbs
    John Scogin
    Last edited by AveryF; 08-16-2018 at 10:11 PM.

2. Member
    the fall trail starts that day on little bear but the hours on it is 6pm to 2am i would fish with yall but we are fishing the fall trail.all of the trail are on the bcda lakes

3. Member
    I'll plan on being there. Fished there one time in 2008, January, so I should be on them! There's a slot on Little Bear isn't there?

4. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis S. View Post
    I'll plan on being there. Fished there one time in 2008, January, so I should be on them! There's a slot on Little Bear isn't there?
    Im pretty sure there’s a 13 - 16 slot limit on largemouth unless it’s changed recently.

5. Member
    13 to 16 on largemouth not on spots

Yes but there are some absolute beasts in that lake...and I killed my first deer just around the bend from Williams Hollow camp ground...a long time ago...had a long legged hound running it and basset hound behind...spike...1988..

I've got a club tournament the night before but I'm gonna try to fish...I may just go straight to Elliot Branch and take a nap till y'all get there...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

7. Member
    If I can find the place, I plan to be there. Maybe I can get up there one day and tour the lake.

Harry Speegle

8. Member
    I had a great time donating on Wilson this spring and want to fish with you all again but I don’t think I can make it this time. I still remember how to get to lake because there is a cave by the dam we used to visit every couple of years but I haven’t fished there since the late 90s. Seems I remember it was early spring and the lake was way down like we launched well beyond where the ramp ended. It does have me wondering though, does anyone have a source for a little bear chart? Do some of the BCDA license places carry paper charts?

9. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    ......... does anyone have a source for a little bear chart? Do some of the BCDA license places carry paper charts?
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a paper map for any of the Bear Creek lakes other than the little lake outline ones at some of the places that sell BCDA permits.

10. Member
    what is the entry fee now

11. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by poeman View Post
    what is the entry fee now
    Still $20 with an optional $10 big fish pot.

12. Member
    unless something happens with work I plan on fishing
    Andrew Inmon
    tyler dobbs

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AveryF View Post
    Im pretty sure there’s a 13 - 16 slot limit on largemouth unless it’s changed recently.
    the Monday nighters always did if it touches 13 or touches 16 and within those its in the slot. spots still over 12

14. Member
    went and practiced Saturday morning. the water is up higher than ive seen it in a long time. haven't been there in a few years tho. fishing was tough one 12 1/8th spot that's it.

15. Member
    we don't get off work till after 4am so we will decide if we fish or not based on how we feel, so don't wait on us if we are not there.