Do you have a 1998 Javelin 389?

I bought this single console hull in June. The 12 console switches are faded and unreadable. Can you post (or send me) photos of yours? None of my switches are working, because the numb nuts who removed the previous motor just slashed the wires.

Also, how do I tell if it is a 389 B, 389 TE, etc.? It doesn’t say it on the hull (that I can find), and it came without a manual. I late there certain dimensions, features, or accessories I should be looking for?

text photos to 940-297-5692
    email photos to 1221dom@gmail.com

Thank you.
    PB Largemouth: 6.16 - Lake Texoma (TX/OK)

There is a sticky thread at the top of the page that might help you identify the wires. It may be titled Stratos wiring diagram but Stratos and Javelin were owned by the same company. In fact they were also built in the same building so the wiring should be the same. Hopefully someone with the same boat can reply to this thread.

3. Member
    Thanks to Jeremy Miller for sending me photos of his 1998 398 DC. Those were exactly what I needed.
    PB Largemouth: 6.16 - Lake Texoma (TX/OK)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TripletsFish View Post
    I bought this single console hull in June. The 12 console switches are faded and unreadable. Can you post (or send me) photos of yours? None of my switches are working, because the numb nuts who removed the previous motor just slashed the wires.

Also, how do I tell if it is a 389 B, 389 TE, etc.? It doesn’t say it on the hull (that I can find), and it came without a manual. I late there certain dimensions, features, or accessories I should be looking for?

text photos to 940-297-5692
    email photos to 1221dom@gmail.com

Thank you.
    I just picked up a mint 1998 Javelin 389, except for 25 year old carpet and all the print on the dash switches have been rubbed off or faded away. struggling to figure out what every switch is for, and I found replacement printed switches that aren't a fortune. Does anyone have a 1998 Javelin Owners Manual, or a picture of the dash with visible switch labels?