Thread: Madison Chain

Madison Chain

Got a little club derby coming up on the Madison Chain, and I'm planning to prefish later this week. Anybody been out on Monona specifically? I'm trying to figure out the smallmouth out there, and it's been a struggle for me over the years. Any general tips would be greatly appreciated. I plan on doing a lot of graphing, but not sure where to start. If there's any help I can provide it return, I'm happy to do so.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

2. Member
    Good luck man. Smallies are the holy grail out there so I don't think you'll get a lot of tips unfortunately. General piece of advice is that they live way off the weed line in summer, and a lot suspend or live by individual boulders in 20-30 feet. They're tough in summer.

4 to 20ft and don't be afraid of playing in the weeds for them. I love the brown fish out there and they are tough at times but many over think how to target them. And yes they are the holy grail right now.

4. Member
    Thanks, guys! I figured it's a tough deal in the Summer, but I'm committed to trying to figure it out. I'll just do some driving around out there and see what I can find :)

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

Just remember where you got them one day they usually aren't there the next day lol

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    Just remember where you got them one day they usually aren't there the next day lol
    Ain't that just like a damn smallmouth lol Still love 'em!

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186