Livescope vs old panoptix

New to the site I have an echo map plus 93sv and was gonna pull the trigger on panoptix... that was until I saw livescope come out! Now I’m just wondering for people that have both is it worth the extra money and also has anyone started thinking about how they are gonna use it for ice fishing?! If that’s possible at all! Would just love some feedback!

2. Member
    Iffen I was you and iffen ice fishing is a consideration. I think I would buy a used PS22. One for sale in electronics forum right now. Think they wanted 500 for it. Economical way to get into panoptix. Livescope would be nice to have for sure. In my opinion the PS22 will amaze as is on the ice. In the future Livescope will still be there and you could sell the PS22. Perhaps you might be able to pick up a livescope used in the not too distant future.

If you give the PS 22 a shot with your 93sv plus. I think you will forget about spending 1500 for the livescope.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

3. Member
    I know id probably love the ps22 and the only thing keeping me from buying the livescope is the whole ice fishing aspect. But I feel like the livescope does everything the ps22 does and more

4. Banned
    Just get the Livescope. You will get it sooner or later.

5. Member
    You think it's a tough decision choosing between the two!!! I am running both and can't choose between the two. I'm afraid this is more like thinking you don't need 2d anymore because you got down imaging. Here is a sample scenario; one I went through this morning. I've decided to go bass fishing. Easy decision, I don't know where the crappie are and I didn't want to search for them. The walleye seem to have disappeared from the lake altogether and I don't bream fish. But I do know where some spotted bass have been hanging out. I get to the honey hole and don't see any. PS30 on transom, PS22 and LVS32 on TM, GT50 also on transom. Just how long can it take? Seeing lots of bait on the side imaging but not on the PS30. That means it's shallow. I'm primarily using the PS22 because it has better range and the targets are larger and easier to see. Range set to 160. Move around some, seeing several globs. Don't know if they are fish or bait. Get closer. Still don't know. Set the range on the LVS32 to 80. I can still get good detail on 80. Now that I'm closer and see them on the LVS I can separate which is spots and which is shad. For a while I just watch the spots. Man, these fish are crazy. They'll be at 20 ft one second then the whole school dive to the botttom in 80 FOW. Then here they will come or they will head out across the lake. Once I am in casting distance and they are on screen it's LVS. When I lose them, it's PS22 time because I can rotate the TM faster and pick them back up. Pretty easy to switch back and forth. I have a combo screen with both, just touch which one I want full screen then touch the rectangle in the corner. HOME button changes to BACK to go back to both. Works pretty good. Tried to record some videos. Practically worthless. To get a good video of bass fishing you need two people and xd's on a stick. One person making the video, the other fishing.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Banned
    Leonard your the most informative person there is. Thanks

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies! does anyone know where to purchase live scope from?

Winchester said it perfectly as he always does. I was killing bass yesterday in 30 to 50 ft. Off a hump. Then I couldn’t buy a bite, switched from 2D to ps22, oh, there they are! And the re bite. Swimming blobs work just fine for me so the ps22 gets it done.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Member
    The PS 31 and 30 gets it done and satisfied with it so holding for now......

10. Member
    The black box setup with the livescope would be a little bit extra hassle for ice fishing. Might be worth it though.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MNmuskyguy View Post
    Thanks for the replies! does anyone know where to purchase live scope from?
    The Boat Doc just advertised on Facebook they have two of them

12. Member
    I’d be curious to see livescope for ice fishing. My ps21 works well but if fish are tight to the bottom it will miss them. Sounds like livescope works better for this.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    You will want the LiveScope System! The LiveScope Down will be perfect for Ice fishing! We Have one currently In Stock with more on order!
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

14. Member
    just a heads up there is a guy selling an adapter for ice fishing that will make your livescope be vertical instead of canted to one side. Selling them in the facebook Garmin Panoptix ice fishing group. Looks like a decent addition to view straight down.

15. Member
    Had my livescope out on the ice 3 times now....it is unreal!!