Question Lake Oneida, Ontario water conditions?

Hi Folks,

I think west/central NY is getting the same torrential rain we have in MD. I am planning to hit Oneida Thurs and Ontario later in the week. Does all this rain muddy/stain Oneida and Ontario or does it stay relatively clear?

Thanks, BAM

2. Member
    I live on Oneida .....tributaries will muddy but main lake will be fine ....same with Ontario

3. Member
    Wow, awesome to live on that lake, congrats to u! Thank u sir for the information, man, it keeps pouring here in MD...

4. Member
    same here...pouring,....most of the lakes around here have been low from lack of rain..........definitely could use it.

5. Member
    Yes need the rain .. but the fishing is stilll good...still hitting SM on. Oneida and 15 pound plus bags on other local lakes...

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. Joe4d
    I was Army Recruiter for Onieda and Camden area from 97-2000, Loved fishing that lake,, Just about always top water or smoke grubs

7. Member
    Thanks again gents!!!!

8. Member
    Dont mean to hijack but im also thinking of hitting ontario out of henderson harbor next Thursday and friday, does anyone know how and where the bit is? Deep or shallow?? Taking my father up , might be his last trip up there due to health reasons, id like to get him into some nice smallmouth
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerguyz21 View Post
    Dont mean to hijack but im also thinking of hitting ontario out of henderson harbor next Thursday and friday, does anyone know how and where the bit is? Deep or shallow?? Taking my father up , might be his last trip up there due to health reasons, id like to get him into some nice smallmouth
    very sorry to hear!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerguyz21 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your father. Was out of Henderson last week and found some fish in 8-12 right outside the Harbor. Wind kept me from running to the islands. I was using Drop shot and Ned rig.

11. Member
    Thanks, hopfully we will be up this friday as long as the wind lets us, so far it looks ok with a light South/southwest for the weekend but I know that could change, we stay at the Aspinwall motel right down the road from the main launch at Henderson, nice place and a nice restaurant right next door if the ol man cant make it on the water, at least he can eat good, I think if weather permits im lunching in the oswego river for the first day and saturday going to try and make it out to the islands, I dont know which island is better but im going to give it hell. I wish I had more time to search but limited to the two days, any suggestions? ?
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

12. Member
    Hey buddy,

I will be here poking around till Friday, PM me your email address and I will send u a good summary of what worked for me Thursday evening.

Tks, Gregg (BAM)

13. Member

Water temp mights be around 78.. all depends on the wind speed and direction.. if your getting out ..good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

14. Member
    Run out deep get out of the bay