Frog bite "2" lake Gaston

It's been 2 weeks since I posted on a great weekend frog bite at lake Gaston. So I tried again this past weekend. Would it work again???? Am I going to get the same quality fish??? Am I going to catch the numbers like a couple weeks ago???

Answer...yes and no!!!!

So went out Saturday morning by myself. To say the least is was rather uneventful. I caught 3 bass. One on a buzzbait, one on a frog and one on a crankbait. No size at all. I was way up lake where we were catching the good ones 2 weeks earlier.

So Saturday evening I go out with one of my twins. I move down lake a little and we catch a few. I think we caught a total of 6 and my son RJ had the biggest of 4 lbs. He also had one up to the boat that was about 3lb. I caught 1 about 3.25 or so. So a decent evening with good fish. With all fish coming on a frog.

Sunday morning we do not fish due to rain moving in but the rain really did not come in. I should have fished.

Sunday evening we go out again and after an hour or so I land a 4 lb 0 oz bass on the frog. Then my brother catches a couple small ones (under 2 pounds) the he breaks his rod setting the hook on a 10" bass. We both miss a few the as dark gets closer my brother pulls the buzzbait out and on the second cast catches 1. Then a few cast laster misses one. And the a few casts later he hooks up and catches a 4lb 6 oz bass. Not alot of fish but a couple big fish in my book.

My brother and I went back out this morning for about 4 hours and caught 9 keepers with the 2 biggest being just a little shy of 3 lbs. So not bad, not super.

So overall the frog bite is still on, but a little slower. We did get some better fish than 2 weeks ago. Mainly grass on deep points is the key. So if you want to frog a little give it a try. It is not fast and furious, bit damnit it was fun.

Just wanted to let everyone know.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Member
    sounds like a good weekend

3. Member
    I'll take that any day! Getting out on the lake and catching a few....Hard to beat!