Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Nice mod. Thanks for the info!
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    Wow! Those cleats are a little pricey. On ebay you will spend $85 to more than $100 for a set of four. However, they will solve a lot of cleat issues for Tracker owners.
    Here is what I used. a set of 4 is less than $20 and they work GREAT. check them out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pc-Rope-C...ss!18436!US!-1

Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    Here is what I used. a set of 4 is less than $20 and they work GREAT. check them out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pc-Rope-C...ss!18436!US!-1

You have a pic of those installed?
    Always Ready!

This is the best photo I have of them right now installed but I will be installing the other ones in the earlier picks up this thread. Because I like those that have the center hole or you can run the loop of the rope through the whole and back over the two ends. This just doesn’t have a good enough design one open to hold a rope like I won’t.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Yeah I just order the stainless ones as well. Can’t beat the Overton price on them
    Always Ready!

I just installed fold-down cleats in my ranger. Came out awesome - So worth the money! No more getting caught on them!
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

7. Member
    Ok, this seems like a really great idea but, I was wondering, is there any support under those cleats that beef them up and won't compromise the original strength? I've honestly never given it any thought, but is the thickness of the glass the only thing holding the cleat on? For the amount of stress put on a cleat, and I've seen some boats really bouncing next to docks, I would think there would be something underneath spreading out the stress over that area. Thinking of a house and floor joists, the more holes, the less support. I'd really like to get these cleats but obviously have my reservations. I'm also not one to like putting holes more holes in my boat, but to error on the side of safety, and the observations of hitting a cleat (kids scrape them swimming) or catching a shoe lace (made me laugh as I could picture myself doing that), it makes a lot of sense.

8. Member
    My Lund came w/the fold downs. I added one at the drivers seat
    for dock tie up. I cant remember where I got it, but it was SS and
    less than 10.00. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishtracks View Post
    Looks good! I may have to do this, I have a good scab on my shin as we speak from sliding over the side at the boat ramp and hitting mine. Felt almost as good as hitting a reciever hitch.
    I LOL'ed at that. I am sure that hurt, and the 'ol receiver hitch to the shin is always a pleasure. I was hanging off the side of the boat once while reaching into the water to un-snag my lure, and slid down the boat ramming the cleat with my rib cage. That was months ago, and I still have a scar! Very, very painful.

This is a nice modification I may have to make!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfish11 View Post
    I just installed fold-down cleats in my ranger. Came out awesome - So worth the money! No more getting caught on them!
    Which ones did you use for your RT188?
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

11. Member
    My brother while disembarking the boat, barefooted and a slight bit of moisture on the rail, not good, foot slid sideways and was impaled by the cleat. I havnt done that yet myself but have caught the bottom cuff of my shorts as I have stepped up to the dock. You would think, as widely used the stock cleat in the first post, that some manufacturer would offer us a decent folding cleat that has the same mounting pattern.
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 05-27-2020 at 01:18 AM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

Redneck solution

20180616_162250.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12