G2 250. *code 114 & 115 network comm error

For the G2 guys. Have you had this code?

*code 114 & 115 network communication error

The result for me is the motor cut out while running a few times without any additional codes, but now it will not stay running, starts up but as soon as I let go of the key it shuts off.

I’ve read in a few places it’s a know issue with the key switch (dealer is looking into it now) just wondering if any BBC guys have had the experience.

Hoping it’s as simple as switching out the key switch.

Thanks

2. Member
    I had a network comm error code for a 150 HO G2 and it turned out being a bad connection on a NMEA port under the main panel at the front of the engine. I had brought my boat back to the dealer to calibrate the trim gauge and the process requires the tech to connect to that NMEA port with his lap top to do the job. Apparently he didn’t fully reconnect the network cable when complete and the G2 EMM detected a network fault. Coming from a Johnson carb 150 it seems we need to be IT technicians to deal with these digital network outboards. Millennials could probably figure this out in no time.

3. Member
    Usually something simple like a fuse. There should be one near the battery, one under the dash, and some on the motor.

4. Member
    Does it still have the older style key switch with the lanyard built onto the switch? If so it could likely be the key switch. Otherwise 3 amp fuse often causes those codes but usually the engine will run.

5. Member
    Thanks guys. I’ll check the fueses out.

6. Member
    Changed out the key switch and it back to working 100%.

7. Member
    Mine showed a 115 code yesterday. Had a faint beep, my icon gauge was going off and on all my gauges was bouncing up and down. Started motor and icon didn’t come on with motor running. Then it came back on with, the same code. And l was able to get Boat on pad and back to ramp. When I started it back up to put on trailer. It was working as should very weird

8. Member
    After I had the code 114 & 115 I was able to Restart and go for a few outings but then it went dead and wouldn’t restart. I suggest getting it checked.

9. Member
    I’m taking to my dealer Monday,is the plan but there a couple weeks out and I have tournament on 25th. I couldn’t find any fuses that was mentioned above. Did yours run with out icon gauge coming on? This Ignition switch doesn’t have but maybe 20 hrs use.

10. Member
    I'd bet on a 3 amp fuse in the network power supply or on the engine.

11. Member
    Well I took it to my dealer. They said they can’t find it if it’s running like it should. And it is now, so I couldn’t just leave it there and wait for it to act up again. Got a tournament in 2 weeks. And that’s how far there out. Where should I look for this fuse on engine?