Another Patoka ?

What are the conditions of patoka and what is it fishing like. I was just thinking of running out there one evening after work. Not looking for any tournament spots just fun fishing.

Conditions are high and clear.

3. Banned
    Well it will be anything but fun. lol. Water right now is up and water color is clear to slightly stained. The color is good. Even though water is in the bushes, there are very few fish In them. Most of your fish will be in 14-22 feet of water.

Just gotta keep your bait in that offshore cover. Expect very few bites, but the ones you get will be good ones. Typical Patoka...
    Last edited by catch5; 07-24-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Not fished at night, but heard the night bite is good.

5. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I'd like to go down there soon too. I just hate to drive 4 hours and spend the money for lodging, etc and not catch much of anything. Its a shame the lake has gone downhill in the past few years. I used to love fishing there. I was there in May for three days and caught one small bass. Usually go down there in the fall, just not sure this year will be worth it.

I'm thinking about making a trip to northern Indiana to fish a few of the natural lakes up there. Just can't find lodging that is boat friendly.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

6. Member
    I’m driving over this afternoon, I’ll post an update later....... I’m not expecting much

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I’m driving over this afternoon, I’ll post an update later....... I’m not expecting much
    Well, I fished from 3:30 until 6:30 and had a grand total of 6 bites. I did catch one good fish in the 4lb range. The bites and the fish came out of around 21-22' of water.

8. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Thanks for the info Robert. Sounds like it's still tough down there. I wonder if I should just go bluegill fishing?
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    I'd like to go down there soon too. I just hate to drive 4 hours and spend the money for lodging, etc and not catch much of anything. Its a shame the lake has gone downhill in the past few years. I used to love fishing there. I was there in May for three days and caught one small bass. Usually go down there in the fall, just not sure this year will be worth it.

I'm thinking about making a trip to northern Indiana to fish a few of the natural lakes up there. Just can't find lodging that is boat friendly.
    Webster and Barbee both have boat friendly spots. Barbee the pick a spot campground has docks, and the cabins are fairly nice. Webster has a hotel, that a buddy stays at with his wife and kid for muskie fishing.

Missy has a quantity bite right now, though finding fish over 14" is tough. It is fun catching 2lb 13.75" schooling bass on topwaters though. Salamonie sucks worse than patoka.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

10. Member
    You might odd to try Monroe