1988 363V Restoration Time

Greetings everyone, first time post here and wanted to start putting out what I am finding and doing. I just got out of the service after 24 years and time to spend some tm with my Dad and get his 1988 Ranger 363V boat restored. Not sure how much of a restoration project we are going to make it but it's an '88 so it has plenty to do. So today well actually yesterday was the first hours put into it and it was just showing my Dad what we were going to do. He is 70+ and is excited to get it done but it's still his baby (original owner). Anyway, last night we talked about the seat and decided to take it off. Well after looking around the forums it sounded pretty easy, just find the screws, remove them, and pull the seat out. Well....this seat isn't like that. It is a bench seat but the bottom does not have any screws in it but the back piece does. The bottom piece has 2 brackets on the sides that fit into an aluminum frame that has groves in it that the brackets/bars slide into. To remove it we were supposed to slide the seat back just a bit and lift it up. Well after 30 years of sitting there it didn't want to budge so we pulled the back out first and bent the brackets for it but it is fixable. Man it was dirty underneath that seat, funny thing was we found a Snickers wrapper with an exp. date dated 1988 so it was probably the first candy bar of many he had in that boat. So we put the seat back in and a it was late so it was time for him to go down for the night.

Well I kept to it and decided to tackle the live-well that has been acting up. Had to remove the battery boxes, the oil reservoir, and the plate that keeps 1 battery and the oil res. off the bottom of the boat so I could get to the valves and such. Well the drain hoses were clogged and the flapper valve reversible check valve is shot. I will be replacing both of those soon. I will throw on some pictures as I go and any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Tried to get some pics on here but having some issues. Will try again when it's not 0200.

Thanks

2. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Keep us updated on progress of your improvements or repairs as you go along and pics if you can...
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

3. Member
    I had an 88 363. To get the bench out you sit in the bottom of the boat and push back with your legs. The back can also be a pain. I think it’s two screws that attach it to the aluminum frame , a bolt and clamp on the port side and a screw on the starboard side. When those are removed it goes straight up to remove from the boat.

4. Member
    I have the same year and model as you. I did the same about 3 years ago. Rebuilt the live well valves , replaced pumps , then cleaned up all the wiring , went through the motor , replaced all the fuel lines , sanded and polished the top and hull bottom, Did the trailer and repainted it . I did install a new trolling motor and found a used lowrance HD system including 3 screens and side scan. Boat looks like new and has worked out great for a boat that is 29 years old . Enjoy the time with your Dad and thanks for your service to our country.

5. Member
    Welcome aboard, Thanks for your service and great job helping your dad restore the boat. Sounds like you have some good skills and should end up with a boat that can go another 30 years. Good luck with the project and keep us posted.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S