New Motorguide X5 Problem

Hey guys I have a new Motorguide X5 thats not installed yet. The other day I went to move it and I heard some rattling in the head of the unit almost like there was a loose screw or something in there. I removed the top to find 2 tiny balls sitting there randomly. I’m pretty sure I found where they belong although now i’m trying to figure out why they keep popping out when you turn the motor. Anyone have any idea what these little balls are for and why they keep popping out??

2. Member
    That is the balls from the bearing on the upper shaft. If it is still under warranty bring it to Service center and have them change out the bearing.

3. Member
    There is only 2 of them clipped into those little black holders. I don’t see how they would be related to the bearing that I can see in there.

4. Member
    That is because the rest of the bearing is inside the holder under the pinion. Take my word for it, bring it it a shop, because it sounds like you are unfamiliar with bearings.
    If not repaired it could cause more damage.

5. Member
    As Brad said, that is your balls out of the ball bearing. It needs to go to a service center
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    That is because the rest of the bearing is inside the holder under the pinion. Take my word for it, bring it it a shop, because it sounds like you are unfamiliar with bearings.
    If not repaired it could cause more damage.
    I looked at it again and see what you’re saying. Not sure how that happened but I will bring it to the closest repair center. Thanks