Data sharing between striker plus and echomap plus

I am able to turn on the data sharing from the home screen on my striker plus but when I go into the echomap plus user data tab I only have 2 places to click, they are clear user data and memory usage. I can't seem to find the tab that will allow me to turn user data sharing on so I can share waypoints back and forth.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Member
    I don't know anything about Striker Plus units since I only have Echomaps.

What size Echomap Plus do you have? The 7 and 9 inch only share data via Ethernet. They still have the brown and blue wire (I think it's called High Speed Protocol) but they do not function. The smaller units still share data via the brown and blue wires though.

Hope this helps.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post

What size Echomap Plus do you have? The 7 and 9 inch only share data via Ethernet. They still have the brown and blue wire (I think it's called High Speed Protocol) but they do not function. The smaller units still share data via the brown and blue wires though.

Hope this helps.
    What about the non plus 93sv version. It has the blue brown wires also. Will it share to a striker or am I out of luck?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwoodz View Post
    What about the non plus 93sv version. It has the blue brown wires also. Will it share to a striker or am I out of luck?
    Yes, the non plus Echomaps will share with Striker using Garmin High Speed Protocol (Brown and Blue wires). Just connect the brown wire from one unit to the blue wire of the other unit and vice versa and then enable data sharing and you're good to go.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

5. Member
    Yes, the non plus Echomaps will share with Striker using Garmin High Speed Protocol (Brown and Blue wires). Just connect the brown wire from one unit to the blue wire of the other unit and vice versa and then enable data sharing and you're good to go.

Thanks cause Garmins site is vague about the non plus 7-9 sv units sharing.

6. Member

Hope this helps.
    Well then I guess I am out of luck with trying to share waypoints then. I thought they were compatible. Guess I just need to upgrade my dash unit to an echomap plus!

7. Member
    You can still share waypoints via SD card. Just download the waypoints to the SD card and load them on to the other unit. I used to have an echomap plus and a non plus unit that I had to do that with. It's not ideal but it works.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

8. Member
    Can the waypoints be shared between the Striker Plus and the Echomap Plus using the Active Captain app?

9. Member
    You can still share waypoints via SD card. Just download the waypoints to the SD card and load them on to the other unit. I used to have an echomap plus and a non plus unit that I had to do that with. It's not ideal but it works.
    The new Stryker plus doesn't have an SD card slot unfortunately.

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ncredbear View Post
    Can the waypoints be shared between the Striker Plus and the Echomap Plus using the Active Captain app?
    Assuming that the striker plus uses the AC app i dont see why not.....here's my thinking, use one unit to mark all waypoints while fishing and at end of day transfer to AC, then delete waypoints off other unit and then transfer thru AC app......maybe verify with someone else or give Garmin a call.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Yes, you can use the ActiveCaptain app to transfer waypoints via Wi-Fi from a Striker 7/9 Plus to the app and then transfer them to the echoMAP Plus.
    Garmin Pro Team