Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man What A Great Time We Had

I can’t even start to say how much of a great time I had with so many of my Allison and “other brand” friends at my lake house this past week. Woody can tell you all about the testing and running that went into learning his new Mercury motor. It was impressive I will leave it at that. What you do on other setups can be forgotten on this new setup. Tim Powell, Woody, Joe and Seth Lee, Terry Wingo, Trevor Maxwell, Donald and Tina, and Geoff Erickson all came and made sure there was never a dull moment. We have some tremendous individuals in our midst and I’ll not take any of you for granted. Oh, the fishing was great and I can’t remember the number of 4+ smallmouth bass we caught. Woody also put a solid 6-7 pound largemouth in the boat. Icing on the cake!

2. Member
    Ol Woodrow was on fire with the fishing stick!!!!

It was a super great time and much needed.

Johnny, you and Sharon have a beautiful place and it couldn't belong to better people!
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I was glad to be apart of it

Awesome time as always and I still cant get over the final engine height!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

4. Member
    I have to admit the biggest surprise to me was also the engine height. But the size of the sporty and the water pickup location was equally as much of a surprise.

5. Member
    The "smallest surprise" may have been at the gas station! So small cars were squealing tires
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    The "smallest surprise" may have been at the gas station! So small cars were squealing tires
    Hilarious....we laughed the entire way to the launch.

I knew the water inlets were further back, I was expecting higher but not that much higher.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

When we got back to the launch that night and his truck was gone I thought maybe he had to go change.

So much fun, but way too short for me. Looking forward to the next one. This has made my must attend list for next year.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

8. Member
    Now everybody see’s why I have to put Tim with Woody as they venture out into the world on escapades. It takes a big man to be Whiplash’s sidekick. ����

9. Member
    Now everybody see’s why I have to put Tim with Woody as they venture out into the world on escapades. It takes a big man to be Whiplash’s sidekick. ����

Sounds like TOOOO much fun..

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Hilarious....we laughed the entire way to the launch.

I knew the water inlets were further back, I was expecting higher but not that much higher.
    I'm still sore. Not sure if its from laughing so much or the leap of life I made at the service station. I didn't know what to turn loose first. Much needed break for me. I can only say thanks and "WOW" to spend a few days with some of the most knowledgeable Ally drivers I know. Joe, Johnny, Tim and Geoff. These gentlemen are amazing. They're certainly not scared to test ones limits. We all knew this project was uncharted waters but interesting to say the least. Thanks to Johnny and Sharon for sharing their wonderful get away with all. Woody
    Last edited by Woody22; 07-23-2018 at 09:27 AM.

12. Member
    Just a creeper and wanna be Allison owner but I now feel I am the one listening to a public posting of a private party, just enough information to want to know more.

13. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Oh for goodness sakes......you guys serioulsy gonna tease us like that by mentioning testing and not say anything further??? Really??

2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Oh for goodness sakes......you guys serioulsy gonna tease us like that by mentioning testing and not say anything further??? Really??

Sorry my friend but since this was not my boat or motor I don't feel like I should run my big mouth and tell all the goodies on the results. Out of respect I am leaving that to Jeff Wood since he owns the data we collected. But I sure do want to crow and tell about it! LOL

15. Member
    I’m sorry. I haven’t had time to give a report. I’m doing this from my phone meaning I type about as fast as I read.lol Had to get back to work and recoup some the money I lost on fishing lures this weekend. Lol l will try my best to give you an incomplete report tomorrow as there are a few more test yet completed. I’m all for helping my brother boaters with information I’ve learned until it comes to where did you catch em and what did you catch em on. Lol I’m an elected official. You ain’t gonna believe me anyway.lol
    So it Maybe best for Johnny, Tim, Geoff and Joe to chime in. They were the drivers. I was just taking orders. Lol Will say “I love my Corvette”. Sweet engine. Smooth as Tennessee Whiskey. Lol
    See Ya,
    Woody
    Last edited by Woody22; 07-23-2018 at 05:49 PM.

16. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    sweet!!!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody22 View Post
    I'm still sore. Not sure if its from laughing so much or the leap of life I made at the service station. I didn't know what to turn loose first. Much needed break for me. I can only say thanks and "WOW" to spend a few days with some of the most knowledgeable Ally drivers I know. Joe, Johnny, Tim and Geoff. These gentlemen are amazing. They're certainly not scared to test ones limits. We all knew this project was uncharted waters but interesting to say the least. Thanks to Johnny and Sharon for sharing their wonderful get away with all. Woody

I am still rolling
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

18. Member
    Seems like a great time. Would have loved to have seen the 250 rolling

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I am the only one certified to handle Woody
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I am the only one certified to handle Woody
    I feel like I need to be something akin to the designated driver for both of you even if you aren’t drinking!������������������

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast