Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Of course it rotated the pics...

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taterjones View Post
    Pictures you requested ChampioNman

Let me know what you think.
    Did everyone miss ChampioNman requesting pictures? I thought this forum was for everyone to see.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 316jughead View Post
    Did everyone miss ChampioNman requesting pictures? I thought this forum was for everyone to see.
    Sorry, that's my bad. I had asked him a question in a PM. I was wanting to know if there was supposed to be a clear piece over the black roller.

4. Member
    Sorry, that's my bad. I had asked him a question in a PM. I was wanting to know if there was supposed to be a clear piece over the black roller.
    Your 1988 motor does not have a clear sleeve over a black roller. That started in 1989 and some of those early motors did not have the sleeve. The way to tell is the diameter of the roller with the sleeve is approx. 3/8", so the black roller is smaller. In your picture it looks like you have the correct roller. If it has a wear grove, sometimes you can turn the roller end for end and the cam will not be in the groove.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Your 1988 motor does not have a clear sleeve over a black roller. That started in 1989 and some of those early motors did not have the sleeve. The way to tell is the diameter of the roller with the sleeve is approx. 3/8", so the black roller is smaller. In your picture it looks like you have the correct roller. If it has a wear grove, sometimes you can turn the roller end for end and the cam will not be in the groove.
    Yep, but it is still out of adjustment. Sorry I get PM's Jerry, that's why I asked him for the pictures.

6. Member
    So I need to adjust it so it looks like the one in the picture you sent me?

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yes the center of the roller needs to be touching small embossed mark dead center. You'll need to set your idle timing and then adjust the roller.

8. Member
    I don't have a manual yet. Does anyone have the portion of a manual with instructions on setting the idle timing?

Thanks again for all the help!

9. Member
    Oh, and I mistyped the year. It's an 89. TE150SLCEM

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Yep, but it is still out of adjustment. Sorry I get PM's Jerry, that's why I asked him for the pictures.
    Yep, we all get them. omcforever was swamped with them. It's a good tool for the forum, that's how members contact me about the Easy Timer.

11. Member
    Oh, and I mistyped the year. It's an 89. TE150SLCEM
    That model should have the small black roller and the sleeve, but some didn't. I took another look at your picture, it might need the sleeve. I didn't know that when you got old the eyes got dumber too. You might want to measure the diameter. You can download a manual, look in the stickies at the top of this forum.
    Last edited by 316jughead; 07-26-2018 at 09:02 AM.

12. Member
    You can download a manual, look in the stickies at the top of this forum.
    Is this the correct manual?
    https://www.selffixer.com/outboard.m...hop.manual.htm

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Nope down load the one for the 1990 that is basically the same motor, 88 had two power packs the 89,90 and 91 had the single T pack on the starboard side of the motor. https://www.selffixer.com/outboard.m...75.cross.V.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12