Banned

Greenville Area ?

I'm trying to step outside my local ponds of Lakes Robinson and Cunningham. I found these lakes in my immediate vicinity:

Lake Bowen 25 miles
    Saluda Laka 20 miles
    Lake Cooley 16 miles
    Lake Craig 33 miles
    Lake Blalock 33 miles

Any recommendations?

Hartwell, Jocassee, Oconee and Keowee
    Are out due to 9.9 outboard
    Thanks!

2. Member
    Lake Succession. Dam dumps into Lake Russell. Also lake Russell itself. It has a lot of areas with little traffic and many use small boats on it.
    LakeTugaloo, lots of big bass in it that get little pressure.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Plenty of creeks you can fish with a 9.9 on Hartwell and Keowee. 18 mile, Martin's creek, Coneross creek, just a few on hartwell. Anywhere around South Cove park on Keowee on the south end and Mile Creek on the north end to name a few.
    I've fished Saluda when I lived in Greenville, only access I know of is off of White Horse rd in Berea. Motor boat club road. Never had much luck there.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Plenty of creeks you can fish with a 9.9 on Hartwell and Keowee. 18 mile, Martin's creek, Coneross creek, just a few on hartwell. Anywhere around South Cove park on Keowee on the south end and Mile Creek on the north end to name a few.
    I've fished Saluda when I lived in Greenville, only access I know of is off of White Horse rd in Berea. Motor boat club road. Never had much luck there.
    Thanks for the heads up on Saluda.
    I'm waiting on a call back on Lyman, as it's the next closest BUT it looks like a 15HP minimum. I'm about at the point where I'm going to sell my current boat and motor and go for a jon boat style with two interchangeable outboards, a 9.9 and a 25.
    We had 9.9 lakes in NJ but we were able to keep the big hp on the boat and use the 9.9 as a kicker. No can do on Robinson and Cunningham. I like both lakes but it's time to expand my horizons.

5. Member
    As far as I know, there is no minimum hp on Lyman Lake. If your engine is 15hp or below, you only pay $80 for a yearly sticker vs $120 if the engine is above 15hp. If you live in Spartanburg county it's half that. Saluda Lake is perfect for a 9.9 boat. It's not that big and really shallow in places. You need to use the Easley Combined Utilities ramp to access the lake now. That ramp is off of Buckskin Rd.
    Last edited by scfisherdude; 07-23-2018 at 07:09 PM. Reason: add more

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scfisherdude View Post
    As far as I know, there is no minimum hp on Lyman Lake. If your engine is 15hp or below, you only pay $80 for a yearly sticker vs $120 if the engine is above 15hp. If you live in Spartanburg county it's half that.
    That's nice to read. Something costing less.

7. Member
    Been in Greenville all summer, any tips for Cunningham lol? Also, I have heard Lyman has some good fish in. If you like wade fishing maybe go up to Cherokee County to the ninety-nine mile on the broad river. If you haven't been go to Fultons Tackle, the place has a little bit of everything and the Lady that runs the places knows what's going on with all the local lakes.

8. Member
    In a couple of months when they hang up their wakeboards and let the air out of the tubes Lake Greenwood is another option.

9. Member
    I think Bowen and Blalock are Great Lakes with big fish but the water works will rob you if you don’t live in Spartanburg county

10. Member
    Out of all of the lakes mentioned I've only been to blalock a handful of times. It seems tough as nails, and gets pounded pretty good. I've seen some serious fish pulled out of there though. I'm just not sure how it's being done!
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scboy29330 View Post
    I think Bowen and Blalock are Great Lakes with big fish but the water works will rob you if you don’t live in Spartanburg county
    Tell ya what, ramp fees at some of my old stompin' grounds were $25 a pop. One way or another, you pay the man.