Thread: Z175 Livewell

Question Z175 Livewell

Once again, another newbie question.

here's a picture of one of the livewells (both are the same). I haven't used them yet and one reason is i don't know how the tubes hook up. they were loose in the well when i brought the boat home and the manual doesn't say anything specific to the Z175. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    It’s a new boat take it to your dealer and ask

That doesn't look like a live well to me, there's no spray bar or overflow. Where on the back deck are these located?

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Yeah, that looks like a storage compartment to me.... I don’t know exactly what those tubes/hoses are, but they’re not for a livewell.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    That looks like a storage hatch. The tube on the right looks like the tube used to fill a Seastar helm. The small side screws into the helm and the other side screws onto the oil bottle. The other tube is possible just a spare or it could be one that is used on the Searstar bleeding screw.
    Last edited by bassnman81; 07-22-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    That looks like a storage hatch. The tube on the right looks like the tube used to fill a Seastar helm. The small side screws into the helm and the other side screws onto the oil bottle. The other tube is possible just a spare or it could be one that is used on the Searstar bleeding screw.
    +2 That is a storage compartment with the hoses for filling hydraulic steering. Time to read the owners manual or have you dealer how to operate the boat. (This should have done at delivery.)
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

Quote Originally Posted by howieranger View Post
    +2 That is a storage compartment with the hoses for filling hydraulic steering. Time to read the owners manual or have you dealer how to operate the boat. (This should have done at delivery.)
    +3 the livewells are inbetween the two stowage containers.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

8. Member
    Thanks for all the input...and my apologies for misspeaking. These are on each side of the live well. They both have drainage holes, i guess in case water gets in them. I agree the dealer should have gone over all of this, but, they didn't and they are 2 1/2 hours away from me so it's a little difficult to take it back in for questions.

thanks again for all our help.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueRanger View Post
    Thanks for all the input...and my apologies for misspeaking. These are on each side of the live well. They both have drainage holes, i guess in case water gets in them. I agree the dealer should have gone over all of this, but, they didn't and they are 2 1/2 hours away from me so it's a little difficult to take it back in for questions.

thanks again for all our help.
    No problem, you can also plug those drain holes and use them as a cooler.