Thread: Seafood help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Its all about saddle time with seafood. If you under cook the shrimp, you will know it at first bite! If you over cook the shrimp you will know it at first bite too! Under cooked shrimp can be corrected...over cooked shrimp are a disaster.... I like the shrimp shelled and deveined. If you are cooking large shrimp they will taste less "shrimpy" if you remove the stink vein...that is the little black vein that runs down the center of the back...its actually their poop shoot. If I am not using bacon wrap...olive oil will keep the shrimp from sticking. If it sticks too much usually you can expect it to be overdone. A cast iron skillet on the grill with butter and lemon ...coated well will also work wonders. If you shell the shrimp, you will definitely be able to tell they were cooked on the grill. Most good white meat fish will turn white when done...it should be flacky and not firm.....again saddle time helps. Dmoto, you have an interesting twist....never tried that...ever caught the bag on fire?...do you cook indirect with this method?

2. Member
    Well tried some small shrimp in that sorta Cajun recipe listed in the thread. Ummm yeah I'm gonna need lots more seat time LOL. Turned out as chewy as chicken lol.

3. Member
    Check a couple if vids from Malcum on Utube, Haven't tried it but it looks good. Maybe this will help some. Has several other vids, might want to take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87FokqIq60Q

Last edited by brushsjigs; 07-29-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12