Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If I never bought another hard bait, soft plastic lure, rod, or reel, I'd still have more than I can ever use. Last time she said something about the collection I have, just said to think of it as shoes and nick nacks. She brought me some spinner I've been looking for last week.

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Mark, was you excepting anything less

Good point.....

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    ...to have to hide tackle/purchases from the wife or have to ask permission to go fishing etc......from reading posts on here it makes me a whole lot more thankful to have the wife I do have when it comes to stuff like that....
    It's pretty funny listening to all these tough guys who lack a sack.
    Question everything!

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post
    You mean listening to all these tough guys who lack a sac?

5. Banned
    My wife pays all the bills. She could care less what I spend on things. In fact, she went and bought me an Ultrex this spring and had it installed on my boat. I came home and found a new ultrex on the skeeter. I’m a lucky man.

6. Member
    I don’t hide purchases and I don’t ask for permission to do stuff, pretty much free rain MOST OF THE TIME. She has the same freedoms as I do most of the time.. not to say we haven’t fought over purchases tho lol.. . works for us.. .

I will admit when the wife is all hoped up on that natural crazy, I do walk a little of a finer line.. call me a sissy I guess, been married long enough to pick and choose my battles with her and for sure learned along time ago not to try and go toe to toe when she is hoped up on crazy..

Its not hiding purchases, it’s just not telling.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

8. Member
    I don't hide anything from my wife or ask for permission, if she wants to go into the basement to look at all my stuff, i have nothing to hide, and if we don't have any "social commitments", i tell her i'm going fishing. But i never say no to anything she wants, so we both get what we want !

My wife has never in 18 years together asked me how much something cost. She doesn't care or ask one thing about my hobbies and what they costs. That includes boats, 4 wheelers, trucks, beagles etc.....In turn I've never asked her about any of her purchases. That's just the way we roll.

I think life in general must suck for some around here with all the bitching and moaning that goes on.

11. Member
    Mine doesnt care. She pays for her stuff, I pay for mine. We split costs on true needs, pay our own for wants.
    Praying for a Cure

My wife wants me to go fishing a lot and don't care what I buy , even said get yourself a new boat , I think she has a boy friend .

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I think life in general must suck for some around here with all the bitching and moaning that goes on.
    You aint kidding ... driving with a white knuckle death grip on the steering wheel aint no way to go through life.
    Ranting incoherently

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    My wife wants me to go fishing a lot and don't care what I buy , even said get yourself a new boat , I think she has a boy friend .
    You may be on to something!!

After 41 years of marriage my wife encourages me to go. Often.
    It’s all about balance. Don’t spend more than we can afford, and don’t do one thing to the exclusion of all else.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

...to have to hide tackle/purchases from the wife or have to ask permission to go fishing etc......from reading posts on here it makes me a whole lot more thankful to have the wife I do have when it comes to stuff like that....
    A happy wife makes for a happy husband. And I'm sure she doesn't tell me how much she spends on shoes, pocket books, clothes, jewelry etc.... and frankly, I don't think I wanna know!
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

17. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Got a guy in my club that only fishes,on tourney day. One day he made a mistake and told us he chooses to stay home. We laughed or ass off and he knew he should not of said that.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

me too!
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Got a guy in my club that only fishes,on tourney day. One day he made a mistake and told us he chooses to stay home. We laughed or ass off and he knew he should not of said that.

20. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I also routinely buy tackle for a guy from tackle warehouse and he pays me cash later on so his wife doesn’t find out
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast