New Aluminum Trailer

I've been looking around to find who makes the best aluminum bass boat trailer out there. Well after much research I determined the Sports Trail was head and shoulders above the rest, only problem is when I called them they said they didn't make trailers for bass boats anymore. Wonder why not? I wasn't given any explanation.

So my research continued and seems like then next best manufacturer I can find is AmeraTrail out of St. Cloud Florida. They make a very nice trailer for bass boats. Kinda pricey but other than having a galvanized tounge I really like their trailer. They use a roll sided C channel aluminum that works out pretty nice.

Anybody had any experience with AmericaTrail, both good and bad? Or do you know of another manufacturer that I need to look at? I'm ready to pull the trigger now to get it made.

2. Banned
    Check out EZ TRAC although they are in Arkansas.

3. Member
    If you want a nice custom trailer, I would check out Strongback in Bradenton Fl.-He has done a few for me and they are very custom.

Joe

4. Member
    Here is what I'm looking at from AmeraTrail. As I said, they are a little pricey but a pretty good looking trailer. Looks like Strongback is mostly utility trailers. Don't see any boat trailers when i googled them. UPDATE...I went on their facebook page and they have a several boat trailers on there that look pretty nice. They certainly look strong enough.

Last edited by Chopper; 07-23-2018 at 06:51 AM.

5. Member
    I purchased an Ameratrail trailer for my Gambler Outlaw in January of this year. I love it. I have gator baks on my bunks and I am very satisfied with the trailer.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

6. Member
    What's something like that Amera Trail cost? Another to look at is Owens and son's in St. pete
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton420 View Post
    What's something like that Amera Trail cost? Another to look at is Owens and son's in St. pete
    Well, they aren't the cheapest trailer on the market that's for sure. This one is around $7,500.00 with new tires and wheels and without the SST fenders. It will have polished smooth aluminum fenders but they will be supported so you can stand on them. I could of got by a little cheaper by reusing my tires and wheels off my trailer but since the trailer is new why not go ahead and get new tires and wheels too? I think without the tires and wheels it would be around $1000.00 cheaper. I've looked at all of them within ~8 hours driving time of Northeast Florida and AmeraTrail seemed to make the best "custom" trailer I found even though I really do like those Strongback trailers too. They have a unique tire/wheel/fender arrangement that looks pretty sturdy and is unusual, but looks like a nice sturdy trailer. I didn't price those though.

I was planning on installing the gator back's myself after I get the trailer.

8. Member
    Beautiful fenders.

9. mikesxpress
    If you elect to stand on polished fenders they will get scratch up quickly. Just an FYI.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    If you elect to stand on polished fenders they will get scratch up quickly. Just an FYI.
    You're only pretty once, add rubber padding to the top. They're still pretty.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    The fenders will have that non skid stuff on them so they shouldn't get scratched up too bad.