Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    When I was at UT we lived in a house adjacent to Cumberland Ave and the dumpsters for several restaurants and bars. We had a rat problem.

Our first solution was to gather barn cats and bring them to town. We kept turning loose cats. The Animal Control people kept catching the cats and hauling them off. We finally talked to the cat catcher and explained we'd brought them there to kill the rats. He said, "We can't allow them to roam free." But had no solution for the rats.

We bought pellet guns and spotlights and had a rat killin by the dumpsters. We got in more trouble from the city. Can't shoot a pellet gun in town.

We tried putting out massive amounts of Decon and again got in more trouble from the city. Can't put out loose poison in the city.

We tried traps and caught the crap out of them. Sometimes 5 or 6 a night. But we could only trap them inside the house or around it.

It seems the Government had an answer to every plan we had to get rid of the rats but no answer as to how to actually get rid of them. You'd think rats were a protected species.
    They protect their own.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    I thought this was going to be an article about the elected officials.
    Me too.

The rats are going indoors because the streets are too dangerous.

4. Member
    Rat stew anyone?
    2012 Ranger Z518
    Motor Info:
    200 XS
    Serial number 1B882317
    Model number 1200P73EY

I worked in the Sear's Tower for about 2 weeks as a plumber renovating a Starbucks that is on the first floor. The amount of rats that live in the Sear's Tower would amaze you guys. There is 3 basement levels in the Sear's Tower. Those basement levels are pretty filthy, when you pop open a ceiling tile to get to the plumbing above you would see all these little eyes glowing up in the ceiling. The basement levels of these skyscrapers are disgusting.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    . Interesting that you can use dry ice to kill them.
    There are rats all over the city. They don't discriminate between the good and bad neighborhoods. Unfortunately, Chicago has given in to animal rights activists that believe suffocating the rats is cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    I thought this was going to be an article about the elected officials.
    The rats and the Chicago Politicians are close relatives.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12