05 VX Starting Keypad no longer available at Ranger.

Does anyone know where a keypad and brain box can be found or a solution on how to rewire for normal key with switches?
    Has anyone had to do this yet? thanks

2. Member
    The original keypad always ends up giving problems. It is better to cancel the original keypad and install other switches, for example those of the most modern ranger models with round switch squeeze (z118-z119 - z518-z519 ..). In my 521vx 35 anniversary I am changing the original keypad panels for other normal ones. Less problems, faster and cheaper to repair and fix any problem

I got a new console keypad delivered from ranger for less than $200 last year!

4. Member
    I just talked to Ranger parts on the 18th and they told me they don't have them. He (Wayne) said they are looking at trying to get another company to start making them. He didn't know how long this would take but told me to keep checking back with them.

Try Greatlakesskipper

I have an 03 520VX and this has been a concern of mine. I personally would rather just have a key. So what do you do if the keypad stops working?
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinnerb8 View Post
    I have an 03 520VX and this has been a concern of mine. I personally would rather just have a key. So what do you do if the keypad stops working?
    This is exactly my fear. Mine is working fine at this time, but I want to obtain a fix as a spare before something happens to mine. I am at the point of making a decision of keep or sell and would love to keep it. This seems to be the only replacement that is not obtainable. I would rather have a key and switches like the dashes of some of the year models I have seen if I can wire mine that way. Anyway, that is why I am asking this question at this time. I hoped someone on this board had already done this.

8. Member
    I recently bought the key from Ranger as a backup for my '03 520 Evinrude 225 HO keypad - about $150. Unfortunately, it won't resolve the other keypad functions (livewell aeration, etc.) if the entire keypad fails...