Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    It’s nothing to do with learning to drive bud.... when the boat is falling off a 4’ wave and nose doesn’t reach the next wave, feels like being dropped on concrete. We don’t have straight waves with narrow spacing. We get washing machine waves that are far apart, that you run 20mph in and grit your teeth every time you come off on one. It’s nice when the waves are spaced right and you can run 80 across them, just doesn’t happen much here. My partner has only owned gambler and bullet, and knows how to drive them.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    Mitch, listen to Monte. Bullets suck in the type of water we experience in the sound. They are awesome for going fast and good on fuel, and float shallow. Montes 21xd will beat your ass to death. Before you guys go jumping on me, our sounds have tall rollers that are too far apart to stay on top of when it gets rough. I would love to have a bullet to fish out of sometimes, one of the sexiest boats built.
    I fish the same sounds and tournaments y'all do and my Bullet does not beat your ass to death! The 21'10" we both have spans the waves a lot better than any other boat I've had. It has a lot to do with set up and I know Monty is not happy with his.

Set up and drivers abulity has everything to do with running one of these boats...it is NOT an off the shelf boat.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Chris does your buddy have a 20 or 21?i will agree the 20’ doesnt have near the rough water ride of the 21’...for what it’s woru I’ve i owned a Gambler 2200, BC Cougar, and my Bullet 21xdc. We get 3-5’ swells here on Champlain and Winnipesaukee. Like i said driver input has a lot to do with it. I have a buddy with a 24’ center console I wouldn’t trust with me on a trolling motor lake
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

5. Member
    Ok, ok....lol. Knew this was coming. If your bullets run rough water, great, really happy for you. Montes boat still sucked when he had the 250xs and sportsmaster, and was set up right. I am just being honest with my experiences. I’m not brand loyal, love bullets, only thing keeping me from getting one are my experiences in rough water. I have a ranger 521 and will be the first to tell anybody that it is one of the worst boats made for running big rollers cause you can’t grt the nose up. Matter of fact I try not to take my boat if I know the water is going to be big

6. Member
    Go Bullet you won't regret it , only downside I know of is no flush mount electronics , Bass cat would be my second choice you definitely will not go wrong with either ...... anybody that says Bullet can't ride in rough water either does not know how to drive in rough water or the driver in the boat they were in doesn't period .. the talk about the trailers is nonsense with Bullets no they do not make them there but Boatmate makes them custom for Bullets so that's no issue.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

7. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Ok, ok....lol. Knew this was coming. If your bullets run rough water, great, really happy for you. Montes boat still sucked when he had the 250xs and sportsmaster, and was set up right. I am just being honest with my experiences. I’m not brand loyal, love bullets, only thing keeping me from getting one are my experiences in rough water. I have a ranger 521 and will be the first to tell anybody that it is one of the worst boats made for running big rollers cause you can’t grt the nose up. Matter of fact I try not to take my boat if I know the water is going to be big
    Still doesn’t answer the question if has a 20 or 21. 20 I would agree and from the description about being terrible it must be a 20. The difference between the 20xd and 21xd is almost 2’
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

8. Member
    It’s nothing to do with learning to drive bud.... when the boat is falling off a 4’ wave and nose doesn’t reach the next wave, feels like being dropped on concrete. We don’t have straight waves with narrow spacing. We get washing machine waves that are far apart, that you run 20mph in and grit your teeth every time you come off on one. It’s nice when the waves are spaced right and you can run 80 across them, just doesn’t happen much here. My partner has only owned gambler and bullet, and knows how to drive them.
    you definitely need to learn how to drive in rough water , if your boat is falling of a 4ft wave and the bow is short you need to change course bro , sometimes you have to get of course and get the boat in a direction that the ride is more manageable . This applies to any boat.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Think the resale of the Bullet would be better. They seem to keep there price.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfaro View Post
    Still doesn’t answer the question if has a 20 or 21. 20 I would agree and from the description about being terrible it must be a 20. The difference between the 20xd and 21xd is almost 2’
    21' o believe is what he told me this morning
    Spro = If you throw it, they will come!!!

11. Member
    The sport master on a 21'10" changes the whole attitude of the boat. That's the reason the recommend the torque master unless it a 300 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post

I don’t think there’s many boats that will do this straight from the factory
    Do what?

Quote Originally Posted by sproman View Post
    The wife wants me to get a new boat next year. I am thinking about a BASS CAT. She likes the BULLET. Is there much difference in the ride, storage, and quality. And does the new BULLET ride and drive like the older ones ?
    They drive very good over 110....
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

I've ridden in and driven a 21XD and 21XRD quite a bit. One with a 300X that had some work done, and it is an incredible machine. I love that 21XRD front deck with the 300 on the back. It's almost like you're up on a platform pitching to cover If I was in the market for a new boat, Bullet would be at the top of my list, though I have no experience with the newer hull designs.

15. Member
    Never been in a bass cat so can’t say if they are good or bad but I have been in a ton of rough water in my 21xd and been extremely happy. No boat is going to ride good in washing machine waves and big rollers but I have lost count how many boats all brands I have passed and stayed dry doing it! Having the right prop and trim correct is very important! Not bashing any other brand but bullet definitely gets my vote!
    -Lance
    Bullet 21XD Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    Do what?
    Run 86 mph out of the box... Dan

17. Member
    Any videos of Bullets running big, rough water? Seems like every Bullet owner has videos of the boats breaking 80mph. Seems they would run the camera in rough water also? Thanks in advance.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Set up and drivers abulity has everything to do with running one of these boats...it is NOT an off the shelf boat.
    One day people will learn that this is the answer to every boat. Most boats today can do pretty good if somebody that knows how to drive it is behind the wheel. Some are better than others but the two mentioned will do rough water just fine.

19. Member
    Your wife wants you to get a new boat? That’s funny!

Quote Originally Posted by IronBass View Post
    Any videos of Bullets running big, rough water? Seems like every Bullet owner has videos of the boats breaking 80mph. Seems they would run the camera in rough water also?
    I was hoping that video of the Bullet was shot on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon on Lake Lanier. Disappointed......

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast