Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I don't think its fair to compare a whole city to a state. Like in georgia I wouldn't be caught dead in a lot of areas around Atlanta but my home county is one of the safest in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    In your edit explanation, you misspelled my name, the word "grammar" and your punctuation is poor. I'm betting you're drooling, too.
    Lol, that's all ya got now pal!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    Lol, that's all ya got now pal!
    i should have also mentioned it was a run-on sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWLipRipper View Post
    Check out Ocean City, Long Beach, or just take the HWY 101 loop can't go wrong there I also live here I never go up to Seattle.
    We will look into it. Thanks for the info.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Wife and I are probably gonna go to coastline up there for a week or so. What is a good little coastal town to stay in and hang out at?
    Westport would be one of my choices. You can drive on the beach if you wish, or walk. During tide change if the weather is getting a little nasty, you can climb the tower and watch the big cargo ships get tossed around. Bring binocs. Museum there has a couple whale skeletons in a large glass case outside. Eat crab cakes (or other seafood) at Bennetts. Quieter than Ocean Shores and some of the other cities along the coast. Lots of charter boats to see and go out on if you wish.
    An interesting stop would be 'Tokeland' (not that kind!) that is South of Westport, home of 'Wash Away Beach', where the ocean is reclaiming the coast. Be careful of the edges though. They basically drop straight down to 'very deep' right off the broken off roads.

6. Member
    Seattle sounds like a fun place to visit...

7. Member
    Seattle is a pretty cool city, and there are not drooling addicts on every corner. This echo chamber is ridiculous. It, like every other major city in the US, has a homelessness and drug abuse problem, and the heroin problem is much worse on the other side of the Mississippi.

MarkP, if you are going up the coast and have never been to Seattle, you should absolutely go and check it out for yourself. Check out Pike's Place Market (tourist trap for sure, but you gotta see them throwing fish), and make a day of it. Lots of cool stuff to do depending on your interests. If you're not into city stuff (food/drink/local attractions/etc.), there are lots of outdoor things to do nearby in the Puget Sound.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    I would but I have a 16 year old daughter and I am affraid of running into edgar hansen.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    I would but I have a 16 year old daughter and I am affraid of running into edgar hansen.
    Wrong but funny

Seattle definitely has its share of homeless, always has, but it’s a beautiful city in my opinion. It’s hard to beat going down to the market for breakfast and eating at Lowell’s. Beautiful view, great food. I travel for a living and Seattle has always been one of my favorite layovers. Every big city I have ever been to, which is pretty much all of them, has its share of issues. Washington State is a beautiful area.

Dang man you riled up one of the Crane brothers. Don't know if its Frasier or Niles
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Pick any major City in your State and you can find the same circumstances as you see in Seattle. California, Colorado, and Washington do not have a lock on anything you see in those States. It is happening closer to you than you think To think not is delusional at best.
    Really?! How bout Boston? One of the cleanest cities Ive ever seen. Ive never seen the kind of Seattle filth in NYC, and Boston is 10x cleaner than NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dh0ckey11 View Post
    Seattle is a pretty cool city, and there are not drooling addicts on every corner. This echo chamber is ridiculous. It, like every other major city in the US, has a homelessness and drug abuse problem, and the heroin problem is much worse on the other side of the Mississippi.

MarkP, if you are going up the coast and have never been to Seattle, you should absolutely go and check it out for yourself. Check out Pike's Place Market (tourist trap for sure, but you gotta see them throwing fish), and make a day of it. Lots of cool stuff to do depending on your interests. If you're not into city stuff (food/drink/local attractions/etc.), there are lots of outdoor things to do nearby in the Puget Sound.

We will definitely check out the city itself but we really enjoy the coastal towns a lot more. Especially if they have a small main street with shops etc or a boardwalk kinda deal overlooking the water. We are pretty low maintenance. we like to get out and see the small towns on foot and just try to blend in and people watch. I think the small fishing towns are amazing myself. Love the pace of life and love the atmosphere.

14. Member
    To state that Seattle is like every other large American city is delusional. Seattle, San Francisco and a few others are much worse, when it comes to the homeless and the areas that they have chosen to occupy.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

15. Member
    If I could post a picture on here I'd show you all the alleyway at pike place market that is covered with gum. I tried to hold my breath while in there. Lol.

We will definitely check out the city itself but we really enjoy the coastal towns a lot more. Especially if they have a small main street with shops etc or a boardwalk kinda deal overlooking the water. We are pretty low maintenance. we like to get out and see the small towns on foot and just try to blend in and people watch. I think the small fishing towns are amazing myself. Love the pace of life and love the atmosphere.
    Mark, if you're in Seattle eat breakfast at Lowell's down at Pike's Place Market. Try and get a window seat because the view is hard to beat.

17. Member
    Seattle hasn't been the same since 1999 when Ken Griffey Jr. left the Mariners.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    Really?! How bout Boston? One of the cleanest cities Ive ever seen. Ive never seen the kind of Seattle filth in NYC, and Boston is 10x cleaner than NYC.
    There are over 6000 homeless people in Boston, just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there. There are seedier sides to Boston and you know it, you just don't go there. Here is an article on the methadone mile. Every Major city has these some just can't accept that fact.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2017/...e-mile/539742/

I am not bad mouthing Boston or any other city, just giving a different perspective.

19. Member
    Absolutely, those are really cool to visit. Ilwaco/Astoria are legit fishing towns with lots of incredible scenery nearby, and not very touristy. Get some smoked sturgeon, it is unbelievably good. Birch Bay has a neat boardwalk and a super flat beach that is fun in the summer on low tide. Anacortes is also worthwile. Someone else posted a list with other suggestions that were also good, I am just adding to it, not saying these are better.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtfishn View Post
    If I could post a picture on here I'd show you all the alleyway at pike place market that is covered with gum. I tried to hold my breath while in there. Lol.
    I saw that a few years ago. The kids thought it was awesome and added theirs to the wall.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast