Thread: Boggs Bite?

Boggs Bite?

Anyone know what the fishing is like there right now?
    I want to take the kids somewhere for a couple of days to fish for panfish and bass, some place that they can have some fun. Was thinking the bass should be pretty easy there now.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

2. Member
    I was there a couple of weeks ago and can tell you that there is a lot of grass and we caught a lot
    of them on Frogs. Talked to several people at bing nice gills and crappie.

3. Member
    Thanks for the response! Sounds like the kids will have a great time.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

4. Member
    I went Wednesday and fished a tournament on Saturday. My side is bruised and my thumb is raw! Anything Texas rigged fished on the bottom will get a ton of bites.

5. Member
    Thanks Z20!!
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Quote Originally Posted by Z20basser View Post
    I went Wednesday and fished a tournament on Saturday. My side is bruised and my thumb is raw! Anything Texas rigged fished on the bottom will get a ton of bites.
    What kind of weight would be needed to win a tournament there or is it just biggest fish?

7. Member
    Here is the top 5 results from Saturday:
    5th - 8.13
    4th - 8.13
    3rd - 10.16
    2nd - 11.18
    1st - 12.19
    BB - 4.76

8. Banned
    14” limit there?? Got a co-Ed tournament there in a few weeks. Love to get her on some fish. Just trying to figure out what to expect. Looks like just try and sort through the Fish to get some keepers.

Any offshore structure on the lake?

9. Member
    I thought all weekend tourneys were held only before Memorial Day and after Labor Day?

They change this rule?

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    14” limit there?? Got a co-Ed tournament there in a few weeks. Love to get her on some fish. Just trying to figure out what to expect. Looks like just try and sort through the Fish to get some keepers.

is this Co-ed tournament open to anyone of just a club event I’d like to get my wife out there for a good day of fishing

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post

14" limit, there is some offshore stuff, but I didnt do any good on it. I think a lot of that has to do with the thermocline looked to be only 6'-7' down.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    I thought all weekend tourneys were held only before Memorial Day and after Labor Day?

They change this rule?
    I believe they did. It was a usa bassin tournament so pretty sure it wouldnt have happened if they hadn't changed the rule.

13. Member
    Gotcha, thanks Z20. Taking the wife in a few weeks for the Amish cooking, I tend to gain a solid 2-3 lbs after Fri and Sat lunch.

14. Member
    Well the kids and I had a great time!! Bluegill bite was awesome. Most of my time was spent baiting hooks, removing fish and so on!! After two days of fishing, I am flat worn out and wouldn't have it any other way. I did manage to get a few casts in with a worm and caught a few bass as well. Lunch at Stolls was great as always.
    In case you didn't know, they now have some cabins and trailers for rent in the park.
    I was told they have treated the lake for the weeds.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    I was told they have treated the lake for the weeds.
    That sucks! I noticed a lot of it seemed to be dieing but I was just hoping it was because of the shallow thermocline!

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinfitter View Post
    is this Co-ed tournament open to anyone of just a club event I’d like to get my wife out there for a good day of fishing
    It’s a U.S.A. Bassin tournament. So if you’re a member, yes you can bring your wife. Or you can join at the ramp. Think it’s $30 a person. I believe it’s August 12th, but I will double check. It’s on a Sunday