Thread: Lake Cumberland

Lake Cumberland

Thinking about going down for a few days. Is it worth it this time of year? How many can bass (any species) can you catch a day?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobuk View Post
    Thinking about going down for a few days. Is it worth it this time of year? How many can bass (any species) can you catch a day?
    Depends on how good of a fisherman you are... sorry, couldn’t resist. Never been on Cumberland.

3. Banned
    Day time bite is probably tough with water temps at 88*... Night bite is probably the ticket... Dan

https://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/Locat...ishing-Update/

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobuk View Post
    Beautiful lake but summer fishing sucks. Well for me it does anyways. I always go a few times a year in the summer with my friends who don't fish. They go out and party while I go fish. You cant hardly fish the main lake as the boat traffic can be awful so I head back to get away from everyone which probably isn't ideal. I was there a couple weekends ago and caught I think 3 shorts on a wacky rig.

As mentioned night fishing is probably where its at. I hopefully can get down there in the early spring or fall and get a chance at some of the SM they have.

5. Member
    Definitley go fishing at night. They are biting the last hour or so of daylight, but it's the typical summer night time bite & it's kind of tough right now too because they haven't setup on the normal summer drops this year yet like normal. If you can figure them out you can catch them. Lots are being caught shakey heading a magnum trick worm by the way.

6. Member
    I've been down a few times this year. Night fishing is where its at. Caught a few in the early morning that were, meh.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp