Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Got my new Prop on so hopefully I won’t be asking more questions!

I hate how my pics are sideways...really need to do online hosting! I decided on a PowerTech NRS3 13.25” 17p which is what my aluminum prop was. I was at 5200-5600 rpm (90 Etec so the rpms were right on) w the aluminum prop so I stayed with the same pitch but for $35 I can exchange this prop til I get it right...fingers crossed.

Now I have my spare prop in the boat(safety is a great reason to tell the wife why I’m buying a shiny spinny thing) and all I have to do is test which I will do Monday. This prop is beautiful, I hope it works for my boat!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    About a month ago my son purchased that same exact prop for his 175txw. Very good handling, holeshot, and lift. Hope you enjoy it

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That’s what I’m looking for, need to get the bow up and be able to steer without my aluminum prop blowing out. I’m glad it worked for your son, I’ll know Monday morning...unless I can get 2 refrigerators moved early tomorrow and get out on the lake. Thanks for your input!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I hate how my pics are sideways...really need to do online hosting! I decided on a PowerTech NRS3 13.25” 17p which is what my aluminum prop was. I was at 5200-5600 rpm (90 Etec so the rpms were right on) w the aluminum prop so I stayed with the same pitch but for $35 I can exchange this prop til I get it right...fingers crossed.

Now I have my spare prop in the boat(safety is a great reason to tell the wife why I’m buying a shiny spinny thing) and all I have to do is test which I will do Monday. This prop is beautiful, I hope it works for my boat!
    There are two problems when posting pictures from iPhone or iPad, orientation and size. The best way to solve the orientation problem is to use the “camera+” app the picture will always post in the same orientation as you see through the lens. Be sure to mark the settings to save the picture to the camera roll. This is a free app but with a small upgrade fee, you get good editing features.
    The most convenient method to resize is the “photoshrinker” app. It cost a couple bucks but we’ll worth it.
    Hope this helps.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Mr Reynolds that actually helps a lot...but you knew that! Thank you, much appreciated. Nice truck as well!...god I need to download those apps...

XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Well. I took the boat out this morning after the storm from hell rolled through north of Tampa last night. The lake isn’t huge but I could get up to full speed. With this prop the boat planes faster, corners a LOT better but I went from turning 5200-5600 to 5000-5200...speed went up a couple mph. For an 06 Etec 90 the “operating range” is 4500-5500 so I’m in that window just wondering if I should’ve went with 15 pitch. Now it is July, humid and hot so I don’t want to jump to conclusions.

The boat holds plane a LOT longer and levels off on take off immediately. I will get on a larger lake to run it more but would you guys leave it knowing colder months will gain me a couple hundred rpms or exchange for a 15 pitch?

On top top of all this I only caught one fish! But...she was worth the trip!

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Ok, downloaded the apps...now let’s see if it’s facing the right direction.

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Thank you Mr. Reynolds!!

I would say your right where you need to be. Nice fish to

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Congratulations!!! Nice fish, and on a spinner bait too: that had to be exciting. Glad the apps worked for you.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Thank you, and it was exciting. Since we weren’t exactly catching ANYTHING today when I told my brother right away “I’m gonna need your help here” he was like what are you talking about? Then the fight started. Since she was hooked so close to the boat she took several runs and ran me under the trolling motor twice! He lipped her and dropped her back in and I was sure she was gone, that’s when I pulled her to myself to bring her in!

He cant take a picture worth a crap but it’s evidence!! I let him let her go since he’s never caught a bass over 6 pounds and even he was super excited. Crazy how one fish can make a day on the water completely worth it.