Anyone Use a Digital Deadbolt?

Building a new home for the boat and my tractor, and I want to put a deadbolt on the entry door as the property is across the street from my home. I've looked into a digital deadbolt so I dont have to carry a key around with me, but I'm curious how they'll hold up/function in the winter months. Anyone who lives in the north have any experience with one that has a key pad and can give me some feedback with their functionality with snow/ice?
    If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag.

On the day I die I know where I'm gonna go, me and Jesus got that part worked out. I'll wait at the gate till his face I see, and stand in a long line of sinners like me.

Hi
    I have had one on my house for the last 20 years and other than replacing the batterys I like it and it has worked well.
    I am in pa. and we get some cold winters.
    I got it because my son kept losing his key to the front door.
    The newer ones are probably better because of technology.
    Paul

I'm in Michigan. A local club has had one on the pistol range building for many years. It is protected by a porch roof so it doesn't see too much weather. Never had an issue with it.
    Veteran, NRA Patron Life Member

4. Banned
    It snows here and I've never had a issue. Owned ours for four years. Have two and never had a issue.

5. Member
    We have them on our home and building. No problems whatsoever.

I have the digital keypad door handle on the shop and the garage. Key deadbolt above.

7. Member
    Not up north, but we love ours! Very handy cant imagine not having one.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

8. Member
    Got one on our house and like it so far.

I asked a few months back but chickened out because of our weather .. could picture the wife standing outside during a blizzard freeking out because it froze up

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I asked a few months back but chickened out because of our weather .. could picture the wife standing outside during a blizzard freeking out because it froze up
    Its gets down to 10 to 15 here and we havent had any issues. Just buy it on Amazon or something that way if you have issues you can return it. You're going to love it though.

Ours has a key in case of battery drain or malfunction.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Its gets down to 10 to 15 here and we havent had any issues. Just buy it on Amazon or something that way if you have issues you can return it. You're going to love it though.
    My main concern was the corner of the house that the main entrance door is on sits in a major wind vortex spot .. we have gotten up after a snow storm and snow will be 5 foot high in front of the storm door and plenty blown through it to the main door and only a foot on the ground ... just didn’t want to be the extreme weather test case for them lol

13. Member
    My mother has one. No problems, just change battery when needed.
    Praying for a Cure

14. Yo Soy Fiesta! catchinweeds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I pulled the trigger and I’ll let you know how it goes Jerry. The door is on the northerly side of the shop so it will see the brunt of the wind this winter.
    If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag.

On the day I die I know where I'm gonna go, me and Jesus got that part worked out. I'll wait at the gate till his face I see, and stand in a long line of sinners like me.

Will certainly look forward to the update

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    Ours has a key in case of battery drain or malfunction.
    +1
    I thought that would be standard for all makes but that's just an assumption. The question is whether the carry the key or hide it nearby.

There's one on the shop over in Etna and it works fine in the cold so long as the batteries are good.

17. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Yale electronic deadbolt. Installed 4 of these when I moved into house and built the shop. Has a key for a backup. Had these a little of 4 years now. Not one hiccup and only replaced one battery. Had them keyed alike, so one key fits all. You can program a primary code for you and family, and a secondary code for others. Easy to install, and set-up.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

18. Member
    Live just outside St.louis weather from 0 to 100 ours are schlage's no issues for 5 plus years

I've had this Schlage... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NJDRDA...ding=UTF8&th=1 for several years. Works great. I like the Schlage over some other brands because the actual operation of the bolt is mechanical. You use the thumb bar to operate it, just like a key lock. Only the the engagement of the thumb bar is digitally controlled. The lock can easily function as a conventional deadbolt in case of a battery failure.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.