Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Watch some college games and MLB but that's about it anymore. Used to have Mike and Mike on in the morning but didn't watch it much after the wife retired. I do think they messed up when they split them up.

2. Member
    I get ESPN with SlingTV. I onl watch F1 and occasionaly, B.A.S.S. events.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

3. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    nope
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

4. Member
    I watch Tennessee Football and Kentucky Basketball on it. That said, I could live with listening to the Vols on Radio Free of Charge. My wife wouldn't put up with not having the Kentucky Basketball Games.

I don't watch the NFL, NBA, or Baseball. I'm not even sure what else they have on it. These exploding coaches salaries are being paid for by TV contracts and we are forced to pay them. I heard the other day on the radio that Clemson signed a 5 year 2.2 million dollar per year deal to pay it's defensive coordinator. We are all getting taxed for that garbage. These college Presidents need to put a lid on this. We aren't that far away from a 10 million dollar college football coach. They always say "The football program pays for itself." Sure it does. It gets a $50,000,000 payment every year from ESPN that we are paying for $6 per month watch it or not. If they are going to make college ball about money paid to coaches and AD's then separate the sports from the schools totally and make them fend for themselves without having the power of a government taxing body backing them. Let the Free Market handle it.

Only if it’s UK basketball.

6. Member
    I use to when they had decent outdoor programs, but not now.
    Praying for a Cure

7. Member
    Only if they're broadcasting something that interests me. Otherwise I turn the channel. Pretty simple really

Right now I watching X Games

Only when there is a Kentucky game. Gave it up mostly when they said Jenner was their hero
    Ranger Forever

10. Member
    I no longer have cable. Went into withdrawals the first couple of weeks. I decided I rather have the money in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    I watch Tennessee Football and Kentucky Basketball on it. That said, I could live with listening to the Vols on Radio Free of Charge. My wife wouldn't put up with not having the Kentucky Basketball Games.

I don't watch the NFL, NBA, or Baseball. I'm not even sure what else they have on it. These exploding coaches salaries are being paid for by TV contracts and we are forced to pay them. I heard the other day on the radio that Clemson signed a 5 year 2.2 million dollar per year deal to pay it's defensive coordinator. We are all getting taxed for that garbage. These college Presidents need to put a lid on this. We aren't that far away from a 10 million dollar college football coach. They always say "The football program pays for itself." Sure it does. It gets a $50,000,000 payment every year from ESPN that we are paying for $6 per month watch it or not. If they are going to make college ball about money paid to coaches and AD's then separate the sports from the schools totally and make them fend for themselves without having the power of a government taxing body backing them. Let the Free Market handle it.
    Nick Saban made 11 mil last year including bonuses...
    From a USA Today article last year...
    Saban will make more than $11 million this season, including a $4 million bonus that the school prefers to call a "contract extension signing incentive." It’s by far the most money a coach has made in a single year at a public school since USA TODAY Sports began tracking college athletics compensation in 2006. It also might well be among the greatest amounts ever paid to anyone in higher education or public service.

In his first year he made 3.5mil only Bob Stoops had a bigger contract... But the school president said it was the best investment he could have ever made for the program because of the return the football program put back into the university after the Nick Saban hire...they've made improvements to just about every dept. Every program and facility and it started with the hiring of Saban in 07...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by crawdadking View Post
    Watch some college games and MLB but that's about it anymore. Used to have Mike and Mike on in the morning but didn't watch it much after the wife retired. I do think they messed up when they split them up.
    Yep, used to listen to Mike and Mike on my way to the lake during the week.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Saban will make more than $11 million this season, including a $4 million bonus that the school prefers to call a "contract extension signing incentive." It’s by far the most money a coach has made in a single year at a public school since USA TODAY Sports began tracking college athletics compensation in 2006. It also might well be among the greatest amounts ever paid to anyone in higher education or public service.

In his first year he made 3.5mil only Bob Stoops had a bigger contract... But the school president said it was the best investment he could have ever made for the program because of the return the football program put back into the university after the Nick Saban hire...they've made improvements to just about every dept. Every program and facility and it started with the hiring of Saban in 07...
    My Vols have a 6 year 3.5 Million contract with Jeremy Pruitt. At least Saban had won a championship prior to being hired.

14. Member
    I only watch college football or when the Razorbacks are playing in other sports. I used to watch all the time but when they gave
    Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner the award for courage I pretty much quit watching! Plus I can’t stand to listen to Stephen A Smith!

15. Member
    When college football season starts, I expand Dish to include ESPN. When its over, i cut back to the networks out of B'ham, PBS and a couple of others in the peon package. Works for us and saves $.

Highly Questionable is probably the best show on television
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

not as much as i use to since they want to talk politics and not sports!

18. Banned
    Because times changed, sports results instantly available anywhere anytime, ESPN had to change from a news organization to an entertainment organization. I use to watch for the sports news. I don't really enjoy it for the entertainment value.

19. Member
    I used to really look forward to Sunday morning sportscenter. When they had the original cast. really liked Berman and Tom Jackson. Sad another thing in my life that was enjoyable is gone forever. It Sucks that so few people have ruined so many great things. Just sad. So no haven't watched at all.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post

Alabama evidently feels like they have a received an excellent return on their investment and who can really argue with that? Wealthy Alumni write great big checks that are tax deductible, fans buy season tickets attend games, college makes money on seat licensing, concessions, parking, souvenir sales, the SEC plus Alabama get a big payoff for the top level bowl games and the National Championship games they get to play in.

Women's Sports, non revenue sports all get funded from the Flow of Cash from the successful Football Program so you don't hear many complaints from those folks.....I enjoy watching college football guess it's cheaper to pay the cable bill than travel to a game

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast