225 Pro XS 6 beeps when starts

I was out to day everything was fine then after the 6 start up it’s beeps 6xs then stops , runs the boat to my next spot then start it again and 6 beeps , water pressure seems fine, water temp did get to 135 degrees on starts up then goes down not sure if that was it then the next times it would be around 115 degrees and it still beeps. Motor has 22 hrs.. any ideas ? I’m bringing it to my mechanic to do the 20 maintenance so he’s going to look at that as well
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

What’s the 20 maintenance? I wasn’t aware that a newer Pro XS required a 20 hr maintenance.
    2018 Phoenix 919 Pro XP, 225 Pro XS

Ultrex 112#, Helix 10s, NightFishion HD-8

”Midnight Special”

3. Member
    I was told lower gear oil needs to be changed , filters like water separator and fuel and adjustments of the throttle cables.

Quote Originally Posted by shimanogloomis man View Post
    I was told lower gear oil needs to be changed , filters like water separator and fuel and adjustments of the throttle cables.
    Hmm. I didn’t see that in the manual. I will look again. Thanks, and good luck with your issue.
    2018 Phoenix 919 Pro XP, 225 Pro XS

Ultrex 112#, Helix 10s, NightFishion HD-8

”Midnight Special”

5. Member
    Mine did the same thing. It was the Throttle Position Sensor (I think thats what it was called). Very quick fix, only took a few minutes. Hope this helps.

Lower unit oil should be changed around the 20 hour mark on a brand new mercury.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

7. Member
    Take a look at the t-stats.... Might have something holding one of them open.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GBhoss View Post
    Take a look at the t-stats.... Might have something holding one of them open.
    How would I get to them ? Since it’s under warranty I’m not sure if I should attempt it

9. Member
    Mercury maintenance is 20 hours for the first service then once a year or 100 hours. The best money you can spend is for a mercury monitor that will tell you every fault code thrown. Learn to change the thermostats, worth the time. Get a couple of the paper gaskets and the 8 mm socket and wrench needed to clean them out. Since thermostats are 130 degrees should warm up at idol to that temp and then cycle.

10. Member
    My first boat did something similar. It was the TPS. Does it seem like it wants to idle just a bit to high?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
    My first boat did something similar. It was the TPS. Does it seem like it wants to idle just a bit to high?
    Yes it idles high after a run put it in neutral and shell idle around 1200 rpms

12. Member
    Thats almost double what my 225 merc idles at. I am at 600 to 650 rpms.

13. Member
    Yea I’m having look at this week by my dealer so I’ll see what’s going i with it.. always had a yammy so far not impressed with the Merc

14. Member
    My motor runs like a top gets great gas mileage and have 230 trouble free hours. I'm sure just an easy fix and all will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by shimanogloomis man View Post
    Yea I’m having look at this week by my dealer so I’ll see what’s going i with it.. always had a yammy so far not impressed with the Merc

I was the same, but I stuck it out and am very impressed with the Pro XS. Just remind yourself to keep checking the oil, cause it doesn't drink it like the Yamaha and after a while you forget to add.

16. Member
    Ok so I heard from the mechanic and they said it’s a weak battery which sucks cause it’s not that old and it’s a 31 series interstate agm . Iv owner 4 boats and every time there’s an interstate they never last ,he hooked up the laptop to it and it was saying low voltage issues below 11 volts but at least it’s nothing to do with the motor, so I’ll have to get a new battery. As far as the high idle apparently the hot foot wasn’t adjusted probably he fixed that as well .. thanks everyone for the help !!