Unhappy Another thing to watch.

Noticed this today.. The bushing has worked out a little and got into trim . The pivot pin is still in place held by the little tri-lobe pin in picture--- I'm not sure ii it has backed out a little or if that's how they come. If someone has easy access to there's I would appreciate a report.
    There are two bushings, one on each end of the pivot pin.. The port side is held in place by trim sensor, but strbrd side is not held by anything. After removing the trim sensor I was able to move the pivot pin side to side a little by tapping with punch. IMO that side to side movement is working the bushing out from normal trim usage.
    I posted this on Merc H-po page -- One report said it was not uncommon.

Attached Thumbnails

Will be doing more checking before next outing. Thanks Mike. Hope it is an easy fix!!!
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

3. Member
    If that is the pin that holds the center tilt cylinder shaft in place I have had one come out on my other 300xs. Making a run at the White River Rally and when I backed out of it the motor moved up a bit and the shaft and cylinder dropped down and got wedged on the bottom area of the clamp assy. Ended up buying a new pivot pin and drive pin that holds it in place. The bushing were ok but I bought some for just in case. Lifted the motor and installed the new pivot pin and tapered drive pin. Worked fine after that.
    As I remember the bushings are very soft and would require a step pin with the bushing ID and OD to drive them in place while holding the bushing shape. If the pivot pin has moved to one side or another it will need to be re-alligned with the drive pin hole and a new drive pin installed.

Replaced mine last month. Bought a spare of everything and keep it in the boat.

We we also had a tsb on motor mount bolts. They switched to an better arp bolt. Replaced all of mine as well.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Pivot Pin bushings seem to be a common item that needs attention on these engines. Mine were replaced under warranty shortly after the engine was put into service.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Think I'll fabricate a little SS cover for the strbrd side.

7. Moderator
    Red loc-tite on the outside of the bushings hold them in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    Red loc-tite on the outside of the bushings hold them in place.
    Do they have any on them from the factory??

9. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Do they have any on them from the factory??
    I don't think they do.
    I have never had one back out after installing with loc-tite.

10. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Pivot Pin bushings seem to be a common item that needs attention on these engines. Mine were replaced under warranty shortly after the engine was put into service.

same here, last fall
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P