Torch/GTB beginning of August

Thinking about taking a short trip to Torch and Grand Traverse Bay for a few days in early August. I have spent a lot of time on the bay in June but never later in the summer. Any tips for either lake? What kind of patterns should I expect? Any starting locations would be appreciated. Thanks for any help.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

2. Member
    Can't help you with Torch, but they are finally starting to get into summer mode on the Bays.

Everyone comes up here to bed fish, so I try and stay off them as much as possible. I typically do a lot better once they move off and out. Sharp drops on either bay in the 30-40 foot range and you will catch them. Watch the weather, it's always nice in the morning and almost always windy in the afternoon. I went out yesterday in "9" mph wind which is closer to about 59 mph on the big lake.

Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post
    Can't help you with Torch, but they are finally starting to get into summer mode on the Bays.

Everyone comes up here to bed fish, so I try and stay off them as much as possible. I typically do a lot better once they move off and out. Sharp drops on either bay in the 30-40 foot range and you will catch them. Watch the weather, it's always nice in the morning and almost always windy in the afternoon. I went out yesterday in "9" mph wind which is closer to about 59 mph on the big lake.
    Thanks for the advice.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon