Sea Star pro 2.0

I see a little bit of fluid leaking from around my hoses by my motor, and a couple small drops on the floor. My question is what do I add I opened up my cat by my steering wheel what do I add for fluid? Is it regular power steering fluid or is it something special?

Here's the entire kit but you can buy parts separately. You will likely need all of it though at some point. Make sure you buy the exact one for your Sea Star model number.

http://www.boatstoreusa.com/steering...RoCs4IQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by tdt91; 07-21-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Awesome thanks for the link, is that the only stuff i can use for the fluid? Im going fishing tomorrow and not sure if I can find that stuff today before I head out in the AM

4. Member
    There are alternatives that meet the Milspec requirement however they are generally aircraft hydraulic fluids you can only get at an FBO at an airport. Some people claim good luck with hydraulic jack fluid. If you use the search function on here you’ll get more info than you can read.

5. Member
    I use power trim and steering fluid from Walmart. About $4 a tube.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tec...3=1890&veh=sem

Thank you sir thats what I needed to know I have that in my shop and will add it before I leave

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil red 02 View Post
    Thank you sir thats what I needed to know I have that in my shop and will add it before I leave
    I've been topping mine off with this stuff so I won't have to bleed it for a couple of years, I have a slight leak at the actuator, no trouble with the helm.

Well I took the boat out and then I saw the oil dripping from one of the lines by the motor so it looks like a full rebuild kit will be in my future

9. Member
    Could be just a loose fitting or cracked line. I'm sure you'll find out. Raising, turning, lowering and tilting a motor is rough on lines.

Yes Im gonna look at it more this weekend or so when I have a chance. Thanks for the replies