Where to mount Livescope box in Ranger Z520?

Im not sure where I can get the transducer cable to reach to. I am moutning transducer to the trolling motor. Anyone installed one yet?

2. Member
    Starboard rod box towards the front seems to be the most common spot.

3. Member
    On mine I mounted the transducer on the TM, ran the cable up the shaft and along the TM cable. That did not leave me enough cable to reach under the console. So some sort of forward storage area will be required.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Are the boxes weather proof or they have to be intalled in a compartment?

5. Member
    I figured the starboard rod box but wasnt sure if it was possible to get the cable into there. I currenty have panoptix so I have a good route for the cable from the transducer into the nose area of the boat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBass13 View Post
    Are the boxes weather proof or they have to be intalled in a compartment?
    I've not seen in the install directions any reference pro or con about weather and mounting. Looks weather proof to me. Only exposures are the cable connections and you have the same thing on the MFD's.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Banned
    The specs say IPX7

8. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    I’m running into this same issue. The transducer cable doesn’t reach any compartments and Garmin says you can’t extend the cable due to signal attenuation... I just bought a 2018 Skeeter ZX250 and I’m gonna have to fashion some sort of mount under the bow plate. Really wish the cable could be a foot or two longer.

Quote Originally Posted by RdnckYnkee250 View Post
    I’m running into this same issue. The transducer cable doesn’t reach any compartments and Garmin says you can’t extend the cable due to signal attenuation... I just bought a 2018 Skeeter ZX250 and I’m gonna have to fashion some sort of mount under the bow plate. Really wish the cable could be a foot or two longer.
    A couple of other Skeeter customers are also having this issue. One potential solution is to use a piece of starboard for the mounting surface, and attaching the starboard with 5200 marine sealant. These customers were working with their Skeeter dealers to configure this mount.
    Garmin Pro Team

10. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    I ended up cutting a piece of starboard and securing 1/4” bolts from underneath. Then secured the starboard to the fiberglass under the bow plate with 5200. Not sure if it’s going to hold up on Champlain but if it doesn’t then I’m going to fiberglass the starboard in. PIA but it will work