Thumbs down Ultrex is Locked up

My new ultrex is "locked up". When i turn it on, the blue light comes on & the other lights flicker. The remote wont even recognize the motor. UGH! Ive only had it out 5 times. This sucks!

Any ideas what it could be?
    Last edited by Ohbasser; 07-21-2018 at 07:09 AM.

2. Member
    Check under the pedal..... potential obstruction inhibiting movement ?

Back up and start again. Disconnect the power to the TM for at least an hour, then plug it back on and Pair the remote, run the full set up, and make sure there are no obstructions below the pedal and also any cables to tight or catching on something.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    Spot Lock button doesnt work. Navigate button doesnt work. Prop button doesnt work. Only the blue light works when i power it on. The pedal wont turn the motor either. However i can turn the motor by hand and the pedal moves.

Check your breaker,might be bad,had same issue.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

6. Member
    Now its acting intermittent. Now when turn on the power switch, the motor runs full blast, (prop turns) even though the dial is set to off (very scary) Minn Kota owes me a new prop too as it hit the trailer. Only way to stop the motor is to power off. The speed dial does nothing. Also a continuois 4 quick beeps are heard.
    So my guess is a bad control board. It sucks being stuck on the bank. Im not happy with paying this much for a TM & the damn thing doesnt even work.

7. Member
    Take it in man. Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by stratos3317 View Post
    Take it in man. Warranty
    Yep, sounds like a bad board, take it to the ASC !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

9. Member
    Take it to an ASC. I'm thinking controller.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

10. Member
    Well I took it to an ASC. However the ASC i took it to is only open 2 days a week for 5 hours (even though MKs website says M-F 9-5). So after a failed attempt to get it fixed (replaced contoller board) I went and picked up my TM and took it to a different ASC that had better service hours. That was last week and im still without a TM and likey out another weekend stuck on the bank. Very frustrated with MinnKota.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohbasser View Post
    Well I took it to an ASC. However the ASC i took it to is only open 2 days a week for 5 hours (even though MKs website says M-F 9-5). So after a failed attempt to get it fixed (replaced contoller board) I went and picked up my TM and took it to a different ASC that had better service hours. That was last week and im still without a TM and likey out another weekend stuck on the bank. Very frustrated with MinnKota.
    and you should be, despite the excuses for them that will be along shortly

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohbasser View Post
    Speaking from experience with MK. They don’t give a rip about any lost time on the water. Just be glad it’s still under warranty...for now. They will drop you like a rock once it is out of warranty even if the issue was found while under warranty.

13. Member
    My board went out....twice! MK is having quality issues with the boards.

14. Member
    I just waited 2 months for my board to get replaced and my motor still isn’t working properly. Same issue you have, it randomly locks up.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos3317 View Post
    Take it in man. Warranty
    He shouldn't have to take it in. A brand new motor shouldn't have a problem like this.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrownfnr View Post
    My board went out....twice! MK is having quality issues with the boards.
    I don't have a Ultrex but I'm kinda waiting for them to get the issues fixed anyone got an idea when they are going to get these issues fixed

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernerbass99 View Post
    I don't have a Ultrex but I'm kinda waiting for them to get the issues fixed anyone got an idea when they are going to get these issues fixed
    Ive been saying the same thing but every time I open this forum I'm reading about more and new problems. Would love to have those features but they are useless if the motor doesn't work... sticking with the fortrex for now and if for some reason this 5 yr old TM (zero issues) gives me a problem I'll just pick up another for less then half the cost of the ultrex and have another x amount of seasons without issue.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernerbass99 View Post
    Next week.
    2015 189 trx

Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    Next week.
    I think it’s 2 weeks.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-