Install questions. Livescope and Echomap Plus 93sv

I've been a Humminbird user for years so this install is a little different for me. I'm assuming the network cable goes from the black box to the adapter that plugs into the ethernet plug that plugs into the Panoptix port on the back of the 93sv mount? It looks like that's the only way it will go but I'm still getting a blinking red light and panoptix is not showing up on the menu. Any tips to get it sorted out? Thanks
    Hand poured and injected swimbaits and soft plastics. www.smashtechbaits.com 15% off using code BBC15

2. Member
    Software update is required.

3. Member
    What LittleGazoo said!!!
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

thanks! working on the update now. Is it better to do it with the app or download it on an sd card from a computer? Or does it matter?
    Hand poured and injected swimbaits and soft plastics. www.smashtechbaits.com 15% off using code BBC15

Well I downloaded active captain and connected to the unit and it said no software update available. Any other things I may check?

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I find it very easy with the app.....once downloaded to the phone then you dont need wifi from your house, just connect via wifi between phone-unit and let it download and install......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

ok, showing the update downloading on my phone now so maybe it just has to download to that and then I download it to the unit. Definitely a learning curve with the app updates for me. Got used to using the old SD cards for so long I guess.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes, goes to phone and if there a multiple it will download all for each product and then download to unit one at a time......just let it work....

got it done. Thanks guys. now, just to find some time to go play with it.

10. Banned
    What update version does it need to be.? I have one on the way. And does the livescope need to be powered on and connected to the 93.?

Thanks

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    For the EchoPlus i want to say 7.0....assuming you have or can run the Active Captain app on your phone or tablet, install app to your device, then connect to your phone/tablet with
    AC app to the unit.....then after you get everything setup and if there is an update, it will let you know on the app. You will also need a mirco sd card to keep in the unit. The biggest size unit will take is 32 GB, they are cheap enough thru Amazon, Ebay, etc. so i'd recommend getting the 32 GB......

You have to do all this in steps, so dont get in a hurry and try to skip around.

Here is a video on how to pair wireless device to unit. I think the first step is assuming the unit does not have the updated software for AC but i never had to use the card to update, always did it thru the phone/app from day one.

12. Member
    All the Panoptix transducers have to be on when updating the unit in order for them to be updated. They all have their own software storing in the transducer except LiveScope which has its own black box. They won't be updated unless they are on when the unit is updated. If you've updated the unit with the Panoptix off, then just boot it all back up and do the update again. It'll figure it out.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

13. Joe4d
    You talking an app on the phone or a setting on the 93 sv itself ? And the phone is just acting as a mobile hotspot ? Anyway to do it with a computer like the op mentioned download and save it on a SD card ?
    This is the same setup I most likely will be installing soon.

14. Banned
    Go to the Garmin site and put your unit in the search box to the top right. It will show a couple units. Click on yours and when it comes up to right you can click on software. It has all the instructions to download and copy to a SD card. Even tells you how to put card in unit to update.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    You talking an app on the phone or a setting on the 93 sv itself ? And the phone is just acting as a mobile hotspot ? Anyway to do it with a computer like the op mentioned download and save it on a SD card ?
    The phone is not acting as a mobile hotspot. Did the video answer your questions?