Cave Run with my son... looking for some tips

Here at Cave Run with my 11 yr old son. This is our first trip with our new to me boat. Rained out today due to heavy thunder storms, and laying in cabin at Zilpo right now listening to thunder.

I want to keep his interest and will enjoy watching him catch ANYTHING. Though I’m always after bass I don’t want to kill his enthusiasm by having a long weekend with not much luck. Any help for any species is greatly appreciated.

May be a little late but there is an area directly across from Zilpo that has a lot of fish attractors in a small cut. You’ll see some cars parked (usually) just above it. It’s not far from the Alfry ramp.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

3. Member
    Thanks Stoner. This morning we went to a large cove northwest of Zilpo. There was a lot of stand ups and we caught a couple there. Ended up on Zilpo flats using senkos (first for him and he set hook on every piece of grass he touched...lol). We would over cast the grass patches and bring it through, and we caught another 6. Ate lunch on the water, he was getting restless so we tubed a bit. Rain and now thunderstorms again so we’re back at the cabin. If we’re able to get back on water tonight I’ll head right over to where you recommended. If not, there’s always tomorrow morning. Thanks again

Go to fish and wildlife website and print off their GPS coordinates to all of the fish attractants submerged around the lake. The state placed hundreds over the last few years.

5. Member
    Well, overall we caught some fish, oddly enough none were on any of the KYFW attractor locations. A lot of rain and a lot of fun just teaching my son some new stuff; using spinning gear and artificial, and running the trolling motor. Thanks to those who replied and we will try again later in the year.