New Garmin LiveScope video

Here is a new video from my fishing trip today showcasing the new Garmin LiveScope. It has really changed my life as a guide. The numbers of fish I am catching now is remarkable

https://www.facebook.com/JoshJonesFi...5982024804285/

2. Banned
    I see this as a great product for crappie fishing, and ice fishing. But, in choppy water, mild to heavy winds, strong currents, or when you're on the move with the trolling motor hunting bass it's not good. Or if you are using spot lock. Maybe you have better luck than me in these conditions. If so, please post another video so I can see if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks.

3. Member
    Flickershad in another thread here posted a video showing boat movement. It seemed to handle it well.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwell215 View Post
    I see this as a great product for crappie fishing, and ice fishing. But, in choppy water, mild to heavy winds, strong currents, or when you're on the move with the trolling motor hunting bass it's not good. Or if you are using spot lock. Maybe you have better luck than me in these conditions. If so, please post another video so I can see if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks.
    Man, every time I think I’m sold on buying Livescope, I see a post like this that makes me wonder how good it is for bass fishing applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx2va07 View Post
    Man, every time I think I’m sold on buying Livescope, I see a post like this that makes me wonder how good it is for bass fishing applications.
    Me too!! Maybe if you are a deep water Bass Fisherman??

6. Banned
    Nice video but it would be better if the camera was turned the other direction.

7. Member
    I assure you, it will work a lot better on your boat than off of your boat. I’d rather have it than not. Even if it helps you put 1 5 pounder in the boat before the wind picks up on tournament day it’s worth it. We all can’t pick and choose what th weather is but is it really not worth even giving it a chance?? There’s nothing better out there. When I’m not guiding, I bass fish, it has helped me catch 19 pounds on 3 fish multiple times this year. I had 16 pounds in 3 casts the other day throwing directly to my target. In my mind, it’s worth it

8. Banned
    All I fish is Crappie an Bluegill. Keep the info coming. Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshjonescrappie View Post
    I assure you, it will work a lot better on your boat than off of your boat. I’d rather have it than not. Even if it helps you put 1 5 pounder in the boat before the wind picks up on tournament day it’s worth it. We all can’t pick and choose what th weather is but is it really not worth even giving it a chance?? There’s nothing better out there. When I’m not guiding, I bass fish, it has helped me catch 19 pounds on 3 fish multiple times this year. I had 16 pounds in 3 casts the other day throwing directly to my target. In my mind, it’s worth it
    This is good feedback to hear. I have yet to see any decent videos of people using it for bass fishing, so it’s hard to tell how it’s going to work in that application. $1,400 is a lot of money to spend just “to give it a chance”.

Do you feel in a bass fishing application it would work better for fishing shallow or fishing structure in 15-25’? If you’re fishing the deep structure can you tell bass separation from the bottom if they’re hanging out down there?

10. Member
    It works for bass. At least it did today. I was fishing a long rock outcropping about 15 ft across and 150 ft long that jutted out into over 200 FOW on both sides and the end. The sides were nearly straight off and the top of the bar was about 20 ft deep. Spotted bass roving around and over this about 10 to 15 ft deep when they weren't breaking in shad. They were in groups of 5,10, 15. Of course when they were breaking you knew where that group was, but most of the time they weren't breaking. Still I could see them and cast to them. Always action somewhere. I would just pan around until I saw them and then cast to or past them. I was using both the PS22 and LVS32. When the action gets wild like this I find them better with the PS22 because in the excitement I tend to pan the TM too fast, but the LVS32 is much better to use to pinpoint the cast. Also the PS22 does a better job showing your lure. To see it on the LVS you have to be pointed exactly at it. I'm going to make a video of this sometime but it's tough. The transducers are on the TM. Seems like the wind is always blowing or if it's not then the recreational boaters pulling kids on tubes are running all around. So the routine is find the fish, make the cast and then manage the boat while retrieving.

While I had the boat in over 200 FOW my fishing was all less than 25 ft either beside of or on top of the structure. Yes you can tell bass from the bottom unless they are glued to it. I watch for some separation or any movement at all. BTW, I don't generally bass fish and I make no claim whatsoever of being good at it. But today, I looked like a pro.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 07-21-2018 at 04:28 PM. Reason: changed make to claim to make no claim
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Member
    Does water clarity affect what you can see with livescope?
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    It works for bass. At least it did today. I was fishing a long rock outcropping about 15 ft across and 150 ft long that jutted out into over 200 FOW on both sides and the end. The sides were nearly straight off and the top of the bar was about 20 ft deep. Spotted bass roving around and over this about 10 to 15 ft deep when they weren't breaking in shad. They were in groups of 5,10, 15. Of course when they were breaking you knew where that group was, but most of the time they weren't breaking. Still I could see them and cast to them. Always action somewhere. I would just pan around until I saw them and then cast to or past them. I was using both the PS22 and LVS32. When the action gets wild like this I find them better with the PS22 because in the excitement I tend to pan the TM too fast, but the LVS32 is much better to use to pinpoint the cast. Also the PS22 does a better job showing your lure. To see it on the LVS you have to be pointed exactly at it. I'm going to make a video of this sometime but it's tough. The transducers are on the TM. Seems like the wind is always blowing or if it's not then the recreational boaters pulling kids on tubes are running all around. So the routine is find the fish, make the cast and then manage the boat while retrieving.

While I had the boat in over 200 FOW my fishing was all less than 25 ft either beside of or on top of the structure. Yes you can tell bass from the bottom unless they are glued to it. I watch for some separation or any movement at all. BTW, I don't generally bass fish and I make to claim of being good at it. But today, I looked like a pro.
    Great info, sir! Sounds like it does work well for what I would use it for.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    I'm not the person to answer that. The water I was in today was clear, very clear. When I fish the upper end (about 20 miles up) it's not as clear. See your lure probably 5 or 6 ft deep. Someone who fishes water that's less clear would have to comment on that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

14. Member
    Ill be panning with my Livescope this weekend for crappie, bass, and stripers. Ill do my best to get some video. I know we are expecting 20mph winds out of the North. Hasnt been an issue for me yet as a search tool...You can troll and pan every 40-50 ft in all directions then just get back on the TM straight ahead. Works great regardless of the conditions.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post

I would say no. Water clarity is not a factor. I fish central oklahoma mud holes basically. The water has zero visibility and my pictures are better than most I think...ill try to get some video up soon.

16. Member
    Is panoptix right in every situation? No. Does it put more fish in my boat? YES!!!!
    I use it to see weed lines, schooling fish, break lines/humps. I cant wait to get LiveScope
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man